Posts by pp312

Counting down, are you? 
"My 2008 Plasma eats todays 'high-end' TVs.  "     It also eats a lot of juice.  
  Surely "mid-end" would represent more the political rectum than the political spectrum. 
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean...
 Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point. "Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"  Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.  
I hope you gave the 880s a kiss goodbye. The 600s? Meh, I'd just wave them off.   About auditioning the T1s--it takes me back to the early 80s when I was auditioning a pair of Stax Lambdas and the salesman asked if I'd like to audition the Pro version, which even then was about $1200. I said I'd love to, even though I couldn't afford them. He looked at me blankly for a moment, said, "Oh well, better forget it then" and walked off. Not the greatest saleman I've ever...
Everyone seems intent on lecturing me on the dissociation between headphone sound and its FR, but nowhere have I said that a headphone that measures worse must sound worse. What I'm asking is, why can the better headphones not measure better, and why is there often so little correlation between FR graphs and the quality of the sound?     I tend to be one of those who "hear" the FR. It seems most people don't. Over the years I've found I can listen to a headphone for a...
 This is the standard answer, as is the post you were agreeing with, but it doesn't address my question: why can manufacturers not make headphones that measure as well as they sound? As I said, graphs are not everything, but they're something, and wouldn't a headphone that measures well be more likely to sound better than one that doesn't, all things being equal? And please nobody reply that all things are never equal; it's beside the point. Frankly, I think the FR of the...
Missed the T90. It's not very wonderful either compared to 880.