Posts by maf_au

The Little Dot arrived and it's awesome.   The difference between the computer output and the same computer output through the Little Dot is amazing, and much, much more than I expected. I have the gain on standard (3) and getting good listening levels at 6 on the dial for most recordings. Computer output is also on about 6/10, not sure what the ideal setting is, but no complaints here.   Still waiting for the ODAC, It will be a week or so yet. Very interested in the...
Yes.   The Fiio E11 has Output Power > 180 mW@32Ω according to the specifications page at Fiio.   Mike
 Hi. Thanks for your response. You're not disappointing me. Yes, I am well aware of this suggestion, however I already have other amps available and will likely have other headphones so I made the decision to try the pure tube amp rather than a hybrid like the Mk1. I also took note of comments from other members regarding Mk3's and Grado's despite the limited output of the Mk3 into 32ohm impedance headphones and it is generally positive, some a lot more than that. I...
Don't worry about being a newbie or a lurker, there are plenty of us about! :)   I've just bought the same Grado's as my first toe in the water for quality headphone sound, only had them about a week. Very impressed so far!   As far as the burn-in is concerned, I'm not qualified to answer that yet, but if they improve from where they are now, I'll be even more impressed!   You don't NEED a DAC, but you might hear some improvement. The only way to find out it to try...
Quote: Originally Posted by hciman77 That the transport can be replaced easily is neither here nor there, buying a costly product that dies is the problem. This is a shame as I am interested in the E5 but these problems do put me off somewhat. Well, this thread is already way long... Would it make you happier if everyone who has bought an E5 and HASN'T had any problem speaks up on this thread? It's the nature of humans on the internet to only...
Mike FL, Which Patricia Barber CD is this? I have a couple of hers, but not that one:
My remote is as tight as. Do they loosen up over time, or did yours come loose? I was looking at it and wondering how the front plate is attached, but haven't got to the screwdriver stage yet Maybe there are screw access holes under the rubber feet?
Quote: Originally Posted by philodox Nice picture... is that a DAC on top or a headphone amp. If it is a DAC get ready to say bye bye. Thanks, No, it's not a DAC, it's my build of Mauro Penasa's LM3886 based amplifier. Sitting above that is a diy pre/headphone amp (BB OP627AP/BUF634) of Russ White's design. It's all running through some Tannoy 603's, and sounding very sweet, and a big upgrade on the 965BX
Arrived today, no damage. It's replacing a Rotel 965BX, and I've installed it into my test system for burn-in. Very nice...
Studio ambience is possible... I've got a couple of recordings where (real) studio ambience has been accidentally included, one in the form of musicians having a quiet word out the back while their buddy is playing a solo. so it is possible, but doesn't neccesarily add to the recording, apart from indicate that the recording is probably not constructed from separately recorded tracks. I guess, it's possible too that it could be added to the recording to deceive the...