Posts by vYu223

So! I've finally got Foobar2000 and ASIO4ALL and followed this guide: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/as...nation-221237/ I've finished the guide, and now the lowest of the bass and the highest of the treble are finally actually audible! Sound quality has improved in all aspects. However, there is just one thing. Microsoft's volume control in the tray, in the lower right corner of my screen (kmixer?) still affects the volume! Have I done something wrong? Or is this...
Is it still possible to do ASIO on a sound card that does not natively support ASIO? Or do I need to get a new soundcard that does?
Man, all of this is so confusing. How do I get a "true" line out from my computer? I mean, you know how when you connect the lineout from an ipod (via lineout dock) to a headphone amp, the volume control in the ipod does not affect the volume of the signal exiting the lineout dock? How do I do that for my computer (windows xp)? I mean, how do I get the signal from the DAC (which is in my computer) directly to my headphone amplifier so that any volume controls in...
Aahhh, the sony SA5000's are about $400 after shipping! I can get the K701's for $270 after shipping on Amazon Marketplace. How does the SA5000 compare to the K701?
Edited first post for clarity. I'm not necessarily looking for headphones that would be similar to the Ety's; just forget whatever I said about them. Also, @Faust2D: Are you sure? I'm willing to spend ~$300.
Hey everyone, I'm finally willing to get full-sized, open, circumaural headphones, as they offer more than IEM's can. What I'm looking for is reference sound - Untouched, neutral, transparent, "artist-intended" sound. That means I don't want emphasized bass, mids, or even highs. I'm not looking for "pleasing-to-the-ear" sound, as a lot of the non-reference headphones have "pleasing-to-the-ear" sound (such as emphasized bass). I want it to be as if I'm plugging the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zodduska IMHO, it's probably more of an issue of deciding realistically when is the proper time to wear the earplugs when it comes to getting hassled by peers. I agree with others when it comes to "do whatever you want and don't let others opinions get to you", but there probably exists an equlibrium between the need for the plugs and the mockings of others. In overly loud situations yes it's probably a good idea to have them,...
Quote: Originally Posted by nickdawg I still can't get over the fact anyone would not want to be your friend because you wore earplugs. Where exactly did you wear them that anyone saw them? If you wore them for band practice, that would make sense to me. Band practice can be pretty loud. We could hear our band inside the building even though they practiced far out in the parking lot. The thing is, nobody else in band wore earplugs. Ever....
Quote: Originally Posted by moonboy403 High school is really just a process. You'll make many worthwhile friends in college that will stick unlike hs, partly because people tend to mature a bit. Which college are you going to? My sister said that too. But she also said the same thing about junior year in high school when she was a junior in high school and senior year in high school when she was a senior in high school. Sooo I don't really give a...