Posts by vYu223

Although I'd like to think that we're all elitists to some extent on a spectrum (except if your life totally sucks and you have absolutely nothing to be happy and/or proud about... but if you're that person, you wouldn't be reading this) being an audiophile doesn't mean you can throw social rules straight out of the window. You're still behooved to be civil and respect others' feelings and properly carry out your actions in social situations. This goes for other activities...
Yea, I kind of understand what you mean. I'm taking 8 classes/21 units this quarter (12 is considered full-time)... I have much less free time than I used to have... Most of the time, I have to choose between either going on the computer or listening to music, and I usually choose to go on the computer... for communication reasons lol. Yea, I don't spend as much time actually listening to music now.
It also seems that in some parts of Europe, people actually take time out of their day to dedicate it to listening to music, while doing nothing else. This is what we should be doing. We shouldn't [only] (depending on how you look at it) be listening to headphones while talking and hanging out with people on campus. Don't just hear the music! Take time to listen to it!
Not one headphone sighting for how many years for me? I never see anyone with the headphones we talk about. Nobody I know cares for this kind of stuff! I don't know, in person, anyone who is a headphone audiophile. I have two friends whose dads are into speakers, though... and that's about it. I live in the silicon valley! Densely packed area of technology! This is depressing.
Quote: Originally Posted by catscratch Interesting gizmo, and consider me interested. However, it has no digital output, right? If so, no digital outs = fail. No matter how good the PCM1704 is, a hi-fi DAP's usability will be massively enhanced if it can be used as a portable digital transport. That was what I was thinking! But, I didn't want to be so blunt, lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Jian I guess that the concept is there is no need of another DAC, so there is no digi out. The SD card on the other hand will support up to 128Gb, so I think the storage space is not a big issue. With a amp module this must be a DAP isn't it? Whoops, heh, I forgot about the amp part I must have been thinking that people would use a separate amp anyway... $600! Yup, that's probably about... 5 more years + a job,...
Sorry, I've only read the first post, and skimmed the preorder page, as well as the head-direct page. I'm a bit confused about the product here... I noticed that there's no mention of digital audio output. Only input... I also noticed that it only accepts SD card memory (as a "last ditch" or "just in case"), which isn't a lot of space for music... This brings me to believe that one is supposed to have a separate source to feed the digital information into the "HifiMAN...
So... is anybody besides qusp going to say anything about the "HifiMAN HM-801" from head-direct? I noticed that there's no mention of digital audio output. Only input... I also noticed that it only accepts SD card memory (as a "last ditch" or "just in case"), which isn't a lot of space for music... This brings me to believe that one is supposed to have a separate source to feed the digital information into the "HifiMAN HM-801" So, I'm guessing that this device is...
Hmmm... I'm just thinking out loud here, but since I already have the ER-4S, I think the only reason for me to get one of Ety's cheaper headphones is if I wanted one with a smaller profile... The ER-6's body completely fits inside the ear canal, right? I mean, after putting them in and everything, it only looks like there are wires coming out of your head, right? If so, they would be great for sleeping on my side with a pillow... They would also be great for applications...
Got an email this morning from amazon - you can save $50 on HF5's (bringing it down to a price of $100) with the coupon code, "CED3JMZB". Offer ends on May 31st.