Posts by vYu223

I'm surprised to hear that people next to you can hear your music coming out of your 'phones while you were wearing them. I would only expect this kind of thing to happen to open back headphones. The Koss KSC-75 have a bit of sound leakage, so in a quiet enough environment, people would be able to hear my music. I've heard that Grado headphones (google search for a picture of grado headphones, those things are OPEN) are notorious for sound leak. Someone would tell you...
So how does it sound? How does the iPad's line out sound?
Not just comfort, though. Any musician whose sound source comes from the head or near the head hears their own sound as distorted. For example, if you don't have plugs or anything in your ears, and you use your fingers to plug your ears, try saying something vocally - you will hear a weird resonating echoing sound in your head, with mostly the low frequencies seemingly amplified. This happens to all sound-source-in/near-head musicians when wearing non-custom ear plugs. Try...
Wait, so you don't suffer from the occlusion effect, and your sound/tone while playing your brass wind instrument is exactly the same, with AND without plugs (custom musicians by ety) in?
Quote: Originally Posted by fraseyboy I'm going to a very loud music festival in January and I'm planning to get some ER-20's for the occasion. I hope they don't ruin the music for me... The occlusion effect is only a problem when the source of the sound is coming from your head or coming from somewhere near your head. For example, violinists, singers, and wind instrument players all suffer from this effect - badly. Without customs, everything...
The ER-20's absolutely destroy my sound when I play sax and/or sing. I hate it! The occlusion effect that is the byproduct of non-customs gives me that weird in-my-head reverberation and distorts my perception of sound. Because of this, I automatically try to adjust the sound of my sax, screwing it up. I absolutely have to have customs. I've been using ER-20s for a long time, and I know what I'm talking about...
Really? Nobody has responded to this thread? That is, unless I clicked on the wrong link in Google and was only looking at the single post. Anywho, I'd first like to apologize for necro-posting. And to the main point - I'm looking to get a set of Etymotic's ER 15 custom musician's earplugs. However, I'm stuck. I'm looking for an audiologist in San Jose. I mean, I wish I could go directly to Sensaphonic's office in Chicago, but I live in California. Who should I go...
Ahh, what a hilarious and delightful thread. "... would've enjoyed some sexy time with her." lol
LOL! 24 votes for "churros"
What are your first impressions/review of the game? Is it as realistic as the first operation flashpoint?