Posts by vYu223

Haha, thanks! It always helps   BTW, you should all feel free to post your headphone photography in this thread. I'd like to feast my eyes on some eye/ear candy :D
I know that a lot of you head-fi'ers enjoy photography. Do you submit photos of your headphones to Amazon's product pages? And does anyone ever look at them? Lol.   For example, here's my photo of a pair of KSC-75's that I uploaded to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0006B486K/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all (mine is the 6th one)   CC   Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vinceandyu/5366363952/   Please share your headphone...
I don't understand. It said, "Deal of the day", but it only lasted for a couple of hours. I saw it like at 3am, but was going to order in the morning. Now I lost out on the deal!
  I know, right? How does the location of the audio driver in relation to one's head make a difference in how he or she perceives ambient noise, as long as the music is only turned up enough to compete with the ambient noise?   If I was in a room, and the speakers were more than ten feet away from me across the room, I would turn the volume to a higher level than if the speakers were 2.5 feet away from me. If the speakers were 2.5 feet away from me, I would have them at...
Quote: Originally Posted by mootookang My point is silly, huh? Thanks for the personal attack. I'll argue against your claims, but I won't tell you that your claims are silly. And there is no difference between open and closed headphones, other than the fact that with open, you would have to turn the music up louder, due to the fact that there is more ambient noise reaching the ear. The music in both cases would be turned up just enough to compete with the ambient...
Emergency sounds on the road are REALLY, REALLY LOUD. IEM's can only block about 30dB. If car horns or other emergency sirens were only 30dB, then the argument that IEM's are less safe than car stereos would be valid.   Hearing protection can only offer so much isolation. It can easily protect your hearing, but it can't easily prevent you from hearing anything at all.  I'll provide an example. I can't sleep at school. I've tried. I stay in my car in the parking lot,...
  Imagine them reading this thread and realizing, "Wait... So it actually COULD have blown up!" Lol.   This incident reminds me of a far less dramatic experience of mine. I brought my ipod+cmoy combo to the airport. Let me describe my setup. This cmoy was my first attempt at DIY - there's input, output, and a potentiometer that also acts as a power switch. I didn't leave enough room to be able to attach the volume knob I had. So just the bare metal of the potentiometer...
Sorry, I was too lazy to come up with my own explanation this time, so I grabbed a quote from Wikipedia:     maverickronin and adktitan (and also a few others) are using sound logic. They aren't reaching for the phrase, "Think of the children!" And for that, I am glad.
Hehe, in this thread, you can tell who's using logic, and who's using emotions. It's hilarious.   In my everyday commute to school, I drive without music. WHY, DO YOU ASK?   I'll explain. The road noise from the freeway is loud in my toyota camry '98. If I turn on the radio, and turn the volume up to a level where I can actually hear what's going on in the radio station, I'll be damaging my hearing. Too loud. Also uncomfortable.   Also, putting in earplugs is...
Whoa! I can almost see some borderline bashing/flaming in some parts of this thread. It's best to keep it nice - we can be respectful and, at the same time, informative. Don't want to give head-fi a bad reputation, where people would think we're snobby and inconsiderate of others' feelings, right? Let's have a good discussion.   I'd like to think that most of the possible mistakes that the OP has made have already been pointed out, and said OP has likely already...