Posts by ddcpitt

Sorry I am a college senior and have been very busy over the past few days, but I am very thankful for all of your helpful contributions. I decided to pick up the K550 for now and I have 30 days to return them. They should arrive tomorrow.   Headfonia will be posting a review of the Soundmagic HP100 in the coming weeks and I am looking forward to reading that. I have a feeling I will end up with either the K550 or the HP100 for the long haul though, it's just a...
Hello there,   Up for sale is my official HiFiMAN OCC balanced headphone cable that works with the HE series of HiFiMAN planar magnetic headphones. I have no use for this cable and, as a college student, could use the money. This cable is in perfect working condition.   HiFiMAN sells this same cable directly for $156 shipped, which can be seen here http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=112. I am asking  $OLD, but my price includes shipping, for a...
Hello there,   I have decided to sell these wonderful Brainwavz HM5 headphones after accumulating several other headphones that I enjoy more. I simply do not have a need for these and do not use them anymore. It wasn't until I spent much more money on other headphones that I heard a significant improvement in overall sound quality compared to these.   These were purchased brand new from Amazon last May, but have been used so little, I would estimate they have...
Hello there,   I am in the market for a neutral, closed, and sealed pair of headphones. I am not looking for an overall upgrade, just to fill a small gap in my collection. For the record, I will mostly be driving these from an Asgard connected to a Bifrost, but also will occasionally be using a C421 (OPA2227) connected to an iPod 5G and ODAC. All of my headphones are listed in my sig.   Closed cans I own are the D5000, MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, DT770 Pro 80, Pro 900,...
  If you are okay with the recessed mids of the DT770 and the slightly boomy bass, I don't see why you wouldn't like them. I would say they isolate about the same as the HM5, but the HM5 have a higher clamping force. I find the DT770 to be a much more comfortable headphone. The D2000 isolates less than both the HM5 and DT770. The D2000 lets sound in and out to a pretty good extent, but not quite as much as an open headphone.   I would say in terms of comfort, DT770 >...
I PMed you both.
I had the D2000, but sold them and upgraded to the D5000. I also have the DT770 Pro 80 and HM5. The D2000 was my favorite of these 3 and is the reason I sold them and upgraded to the D5000. The D5000 is absolutely marvelous.As for the DT770 Pro 80 and HM5, the DT770 has more bass (mid bass), a slightly recessed midrange, and nice, crisp highs. The bass in the DT770 is also a bit boomy and slightly bleeds into the lowers mids at times. The HM5 is more neutral and more...
Reopened...
My roommate is looking to sell this to help fund the purchase of a Kindle Paperwhite and a Nexus 10. I figured I would help him out by listing it on here considering I have sold items on here before and have positive feedback. I have carefully inspected the item and can assure you it is excellent condition.   Up for sale is mint, like-new Kindle Fire HD 7" 16GB WiFi tablet. This is only a few weeks old and has not seen much usage. It is fully functional and works...
**friendly bump**