Posts by elfary

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll take this misfortune to try out filter moddings. But i was thinking in starting with the  Etymotic kit of green (1500) filters & extraction tool (mostly for getting a cheap extraction tool). FTR back in the day i took out quite easily the Shure SE530 dampers with the provided wax cleaning tool but in order to take out the clogged Sonion damper of the TDK BA200 i could only succeed with an allen wrench (after trying out every thin and long...
Does anybody know what acoustic damper was built in the old Shure SE530?   It looks green to me. Hence 1500 Ohms.   But it strikes to me that after placing one SE530 damper into my right TDK BA200 nozzle (since the red 2200ohms Sonion it shipped with got clogged beyond repair) i fail to discern a difference in the sound signature. I find that odd since (theoretically) the left iem has a Sonion red damper (2200) and right one a green(?) Shure SE530 damper (1500)   May...
I had no problem removing the clogged damper and placing in the Shure SE530 damper which looks far more robust...but as i just had one SE530 damper the left iem still keeps the red Sonion damper and i'd rather have the same damper in each monitor (even if i don't seem to hear anything strange on the overal sound).Hence where could i buy some Knowles damper?Thanks in advancePassword must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby...
Thanks for the input mate.That's a very valuable info for europeans like me. Hard to fathom that in Taiwan they are selling a 9ohms version.Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
 I think that Apple's hardware brings to the table more real real resolution than most boutique daps. And for 16 or less ohms loads and iPhone 5s a Touch 5 or an iPad Air beat everything else out there. That a dap can handle 96-24 stuff when its loaded performance THD+N is less then -80 dBFS makes that point moot. My 0.02
After spinning several albums i'm 100% sure that Westone W30 does not sound exactly like the old Westone 3:   1. Volume: at any given power the W30 sounds a little softer than the W3 did. (Even if impedance and sensivity specs are the same there must be something different as the overall ability to put out sound pressure at a given input power is slightly decreased)   2. Midbass amplitude has been cut down a little   3. Mids are more prominent   4. Treble sounds...
These are unloaded measurements. Hence of little use to explain the performance with headphones attached.Anyway i have tried the M8 and while good it is not able to match the clarity of the 5s.Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
My right BA200 got muted while working out. After 48 hours it remained the same hence i decided to take out the non detachable filter and to my dismay it's a flimsy piece of plastic with a paper. A far cry from the Shure SE530 filter that i have used to replace the clogged 'filter' of the BA200. Everything is up and running again. Too bad i gave away the other spare SE530 filter of mine since it would be grear to replace the other tdk filter. Password must contain at...
 the non european iPhone 5s is the best source i have ever tried for in ear monitors. And that includes a few dedicated amps and 'boutique' bricks. I think i have read somewhere that it delivers -58dbs of channel crosstalk into a 8 ohms load which is plainly mindblowing. The clarity, tightness and openness it delivers is jaw dropping.
Couple of pics: