Posts by elfary

Thanks for the input mate.That's a very valuable info for europeans like me. Hard to fathom that in Taiwan they are selling a 9ohms version.Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
 I think that Apple's hardware brings to the table more real real resolution than most boutique daps. And for 16 or less ohms loads and iPhone 5s a Touch 5 or an iPad Air beat everything else out there. That a dap can handle 96-24 stuff when its loaded performance THD+N is less then -80 dBFS makes that point moot. My 0.02
After spinning several albums i'm 100% sure that Westone W30 does not sound exactly like the old Westone 3:   1. Volume: at any given power the W30 sounds a little softer than the W3 did. (Even if impedance and sensivity specs are the same there must be something different as the overall ability to put out sound pressure at a given input power is slightly decreased)   2. Midbass amplitude has been cut down a little   3. Mids are more prominent   4. Treble sounds...
These are unloaded measurements. Hence of little use to explain the performance with headphones attached.Anyway i have tried the M8 and while good it is not able to match the clarity of the 5s.Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
My right BA200 got muted while working out. After 48 hours it remained the same hence i decided to take out the non detachable filter and to my dismay it's a flimsy piece of plastic with a paper. A far cry from the Shure SE530 filter that i have used to replace the clogged 'filter' of the BA200. Everything is up and running again. Too bad i gave away the other spare SE530 filter of mine since it would be grear to replace the other tdk filter. Password must contain at...
 the non european iPhone 5s is the best source i have ever tried for in ear monitors. And that includes a few dedicated amps and 'boutique' bricks. I think i have read somewhere that it delivers -58dbs of channel crosstalk into a 8 ohms load which is plainly mindblowing. The clarity, tightness and openness it delivers is jaw dropping.
Couple of pics:
So i got back to office and unpacking the W30 has been a great way to kick off this season. Upon a first look i'd say that the packaging is so much better than it was on the old series and the nozzle is a tad longer which has been a nice suprise since i preferred the lenght of the nozzle of the UM series. The feel in hand, the isolation and comfort are a step forward. Superb i dare say. And the cable with remote works great not only with the iPhone but woth my old trusty...
My Westone W30 arrived in my office earlier than me. Next week as holidays end and i get back to work i will be able to post a comparison vs Westone 3, UM3x, SE535 and TDK BA200 which are the iems that i own or have owned. Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
As a six months Westone 3 owner who got them exchanged twice because of ia crack and intermitent fuzzing on the right piece, a few days back Westone offered me to swap them for a brand new W30 and i pulled the trigger. Hence when i get back from holidays i will be able to compare them to the W3. As for build quality and reliability this is Westone last chance, One more hassle and all the way back to Shure (where iems never ever have failed on me). For loud listening i'd...