Posts by elfary

My 5s A1533 was 3 monts old and it never fell or got wet. Just out of the blue the touch control on the middle of the screen gave up the ghost and at the Apple Store they could not fix it by replacing the screen thus they arranged the delivery of a new unit of that A1533 US model not crippled by EU volume limits. It took under 48 hours. Don't think you can infer a trend just by one isolated failure. It has been my first ever malfunction of an apple device in many years...
 In a few years working out with iems i have had just 2 bad experiences and both happened with Olives. They absorb the sweat hence they will actually work as spounges when you press them so if you make the common mistake of taking out an iem (to listen to the missus in my case) and reinserting it straight away the olives may pour all the sweat on the acoustic damper. In 2013 that knocked out for a couple of days my right  westone UM3x (It dried and worked again) and this...
 Ok. Thanks for the input mate. I think 850 will be enough juice as it has been for an hard disk version.
From 2009 to the date i have tried many sources (including boutique bricks) to drive my Westone Um3x and Shure SE530 (amongst others) and none has driven them any better than the iPhone. And the contrary has been true in many times. Furthermore i find beauty in the simplicity of just plugging an iem into my phone and getting lost in the feeling of music instead of assembling a bomb and carry it around just to match the quality. Placebo and expectation bias aside an iem...
Hence..would these items work well together running stock firmware?   1. iPod Classic 7.5 G (late 2009) 2. PNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 3. Tarkan Bundle 4. 850 mah battery 5. Thick back cover   Currently my 7.5G is modded as a 240Gb HDD version with the thick back cover and the 850 mah battery.   And couple of more questions...   Would it be possible to use that 2000 mah battery than has been mentioned a few times? Are SDXC cards...
 On the couple of cursory listen to the 6 Plus i did not find to sound as good as Ken states. Actually i liked better the 6 (into which i have put far more listening time). As for the output impedance goes i'm quite sure that 2.5 is more close to the real figure (by extrapolation of Ken's Touch and iPhone 5 measurements coupled with gsmarena bump at 50hz on their loaded graph -The akg they use have an impedance bump at 50hz-). May be it's time to focus on the 6 Plus for...
Ken Rockwell measured the 6 Plus. He's thrilled: http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm Ftr the cables he uses to measure output impedance add 0'8 ohms to real z (judging from his Touch 5 measurement). Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running
+1I fixed mine this summer by changing the acoustic dampers. The right one was clogged beyond repair.Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running
I will try a few more times the 6 Plus anyway. I recall it worse than 5s but i have to assess the extent of the dip. Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running
The data were for unloaded performance which make it a bit more obvious that something on the Plus is a bit wrong versus the 6. Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running