or Connect

Posts by elfary

As i deem Westone customer service as best in business i am not overly concerned a about potential issues though. I know if problems arise Westone will take care of them in timely and generous manner. As they always do (even in out of warranty scenarios). Just having a backup iem set might come handy for eventual downtimes. Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
FTR my right W30 had dropouts only with Westone cables. With Shure cables it worked like charm. I connected up to 4 different Westone cables and with all them audio dropped out. With 2 custom cables and a Shure cable this W30 did not have any dropouts. Aside from what i have been told (that i am not supposed to disclose in public) these facts says a lot me. Shure mmcx male pin is longer than Westone and custom cables attached used Shure mmcx pins. I rank reliability...
As i get my Pro 50 i'll upload a pic of the current cable. That's all i can say.Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
So as per design the red cable should not swivel... First thing i'm gonna check as i unbox the Pro 50s. In any case something's going on at Westone with the mmcx because they have tweaked tha cable design. Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
That red cable issue in the Pro 50 is scaring the s out of me. Does this cable rotate along with the swivel on every Pro 50? If that's the way it's being designed i deem it as an accident waiting to happen and i might even cancel the Pro 50 order and ask just for another W30 set (though it might be the same design just not in sight). Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
The 2 pin scheme was so sturdy and reliable that i deeply regret that both Westone and Shure have adopted it. Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
My right W30 experienced cutoffs due to a likely loose female pin. Somehow Westone 'tricked' me into upgrading to the UM PRO 50. Looking forward to receive it. I used for 4.5 years Westone UM3x hence to say i'm excited it's an understatement. I think that from 3 drivers on my emotional relation with music does not change much (while my wallet change noticiably for the worse). UM Pro 50 is gonna put this notion to test. After a plethora of malfunctions with Westone gear...
Prior to green the paper came off black. In any case it never affected to the (great) sound that these iems provide. What a nice and well rounded work from Westone! Rule of math: if it seems easy you're doing it wrong.
Rust never sleeps After 1 year i decided to clean the mmcx connections of my W30. You see what came off inside the earpiece connector. Rule of math: If it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.
Thanks for the info. Anyway it's not a big deal. I'm happy with stock cable. Just wanted to give it a shot to check if reports were accurate about Westone cables working flawlessly in the SE series.