Posts by elfary

Btw the mesh should be downward, that is looking he nozzle from the outside the mesh should be on the deeper end of the damper. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I purchased the Etymotics filter changin tool. Works like a charm. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
 I think that Knowles fares a bit better on the treble. But it's not a game changing improvement. Hope my BA200 lasts as well. They sound great for the price.
 So i'm left without valve. Hopefully i won''t dive into the ocean with the monitor vault. Thx for the input. How happy am i with the sound of this little known iem. Gotta love that linear bass.
BTW does anybody know what is the function of the detachable rotary knob of the monitor vault? Somehow mine has got lost. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
If you don't work out with them the Sonion should be good.
 To be honest prior to using the BA200 at the gym i never had suffered a sweat clogging that would not go away after 24 hours as sweat dried. And i've been using Shures for quite a few years and they don't have any grid covering the entry of the nozzle. When i tool out the clogged Sonion filter it struck me how flimsy it looked when compared to ones fitted on Shure iems which are metal instead of plastic/paper like the Sonions. Hence i ended up buying several Knowles...
Don't know the lenght of the single cable version. Way shorter than first version with the Shure extension cord though. Stock dampers are 2200 ohms Sonion but i replaced them with 2200ohms Knowles which are more sturdy. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I'd say it's the same but for the gym the version with extension cord fits the bill better cause you can choose an stronger and longer extension cable like the Shure one. The latest version with no extension cord was not long enough for certain strength training machines and ultimately i think it led to the cable cracking at the jack. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I stored them on a hard box filled with silica gel. And yes i used them on the gym where i don't want to wear the UM3x nor the W30. It was the 2nd revision with no extension cable. In the end i sold them to the friend that fixed the jack and got the 1st version released and i use a shure extension cable instead of the TDK flat cable that sticked to the skin when sweating. Hope this time they age more gracefully. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has...