Posts by elfary

My main gripe with Samsung smartphones is that they never put out 1 volt which is my output power threshold to have headroom with any iem+album combo that i can think of.
 Nice impressiones and beutiful pictures. Never thought that Samsung could pull a beautiful industrial design as the S6. Too bad that it took to get rid of micro SD cards and waterproofing.
 If you don't take gsmarena measurements with a pinch of salt you will end up deluded. They measured kind of -85 dBFS of crosstalk on the S4 and it was more like -38 dBFS at 16 ohms. Go figure the reliability. I don't think any human being over the face of Earth could detect crosstalk differences beyond -60dFS. Just open a tune on Wavelab (or any other DAW) and check levels on a silent section. Studio noise will reach -50 dBFS easily.
Well. I see potential but: - Scrolling still stutters - Superimposing stuff over the artwork is a crime. Artwork is art. Hence sacred. I have never seen a picture at Museum with a ticker superimposed. - Landscape artwork based navigation is gone for the time being. That was a unique trait of Apple Music app. Hope it returns.
iOS 8.4 beta 1 rolled out.   It's all about  a new Music app..   Hope it can be as perfect (fuction wise) as it was on iOS 6 and as beautiful as it is now.
According to phonarena m9 belts out 1 volt. As iPhone 6. As the M8 once voltage was cut down via update to get rid of fuzzies. Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I don't know.Ken Rockwell measured it at more than 3 ohms, but it might be that the cables that he used added resistance (as happened with his iPhone 5 and iPod Touch measurements).Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
Well. I'm a customer not an Apple worker. My reality check has been listening to a Fiio X5 and an iPhone 6 side by sode. Somehow that bunch of jerks working at Apple are able to pull stunning headphone outs in between meetings.I don't know what the guy expected to find at such a big corporation though.Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
Nope.2.3 (checked in headphoniaks.com and hifi-forum.de)Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I upgraded OTA yesterday. No dice for me. Overall feel is better but scrolling on Music app through Artists still is not seamless. And about landscape mode on the Music app…the scrolling plainly stinks.But after using the Fiio X5 UI for a few days that annoyance no longer annoys me. It’s a drop in an ocean of beauty.