Posts by donovansmith

I still have my old (I think they are going on a decade-old now) K 271 Studio cans. They are in need of their second set of new earpads soon as well as replacing the foam cover over the drivers, Sound-wise, they are as good as new and still my only pair of full-size cans. I went through a lot of headphones to get to these and still have no desire to find something new. The little K 350 in-ears that I got a couple years ago are also still in use although primarily with the...
I will almost certainly be working this weekend but I'd like to see about making it either on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I have missed RMAF the past few years and would really like to see how it's grown.
Despite living so close to the DTC Marriott, I likely won't be able to make it down due to my work schedule. At best I'd make it Sunday but it looks like the show closes at 4PM so I'd be there for maybe a couple hours. Maybe next year I'll be able to go.
davaNtage has been rapidly growing on me this past year or so. The lineup changed drastically around 2005 or so and so did their style somewhat, from a more traditional floor-stomping EBM to something a little more varied.   An example of their earlier sound before vocalist Kay Hartel founded Supreme Court:   A remix of a song from their last full album (and available as a free...
  A Kindle 3G with Special Offers and the official lighted cover. Absolutely love it so far. I thought about getting a tablet but they are still too expensive and I had issues with the LCD display on the Nook Color. I also have already been purchasing a few ebooks from Amazon and like the syncing between different devices.
I might have to make it down there this year, at least on Sunday. Likely won't be bringing any gear since I don't have anything particularly noteworthy. I live a whole 10 miles away from the DTC Marriott, so not much of a journey
I realized this month that I've also been here a decade. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was debating whether to spend a princely sum on a set of Sony MDR-V6. I haven't been around nearly as much the past few years due to changing interests and being pretty happy with my now 7-year-old headphone/amp combo. I am seriously considering going to RMAF this year since I haven't been in a few years. Plus I'd like to finally meet some of the Head-Fi legends...
I'm a single malt Scotch virgin, but went to a Macallan tasting event last night and got to try their 10, 12, 15, 17, and 18. Definitely an eye (and palate) opening experience. Being a beer enthusiast I could recognize some of the flavors which made it all the more interesting. I doubt I'll ever be able to justify breaking even $50 on a bottle of liquor but looking online it seems there is no shortage of 10 and 12 year single malts under that price. I have a feelling...
I didn't realize RMAF was coming up so soon. I doubt there'd be tickets still available and I work that evening anyway :/ Oh well, maybe next year.
Mine is truly nothing impressive, but it does just what I need: Apple Mac mini (late 2007 rev.) 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 4GB RAM 500GB Western Digital Scorpio hard drive Internal OEM Mitsumi DVD-ROM/CD-RW External Lite-On DVD-RW/CD-RW External Western Digital 320GB FireWire hard drive Upgraded Atheros draft 802.11n Airport Extreme card Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 Westinghouse 19" 1440x900 LCD monitor I plan to massively upgrade my external storage eventually since I'm...