Posts by crzycuyler

How about the Audio Technica A900X? I can get discounts on headphones sold at Best Buy and Magnolia (the stand alone stores with higher end equipment).
  I do not yet have any headphones. I own speakers and am looking to get into headphones now. I have access to incredible discounts on many popular headphones due to my job. I am planing on building a computer in the Fall/Winter. I have not experienced Dolby Headphone. Although StarCraft and Diablo are competitive, they does not require directional queues. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series thrill me and I want to get the best balance of soundstage (directional queues)...
  I do not play any competitive first person shooters. I play games like Skyrim, Fallout 3, StarCraft, Diablo... I want to be more fully immersed. Is that the "fun" factor? The D7000 sounds impressive. Isn't a headphone that gives good directional feel also an immersive set? It would allow you to be more fully immersed. Am I wrong?  
  Why?
Has anyone had a chance to use the K550s for gaming and movies? I am interested in using a new set for 40% gaming, 20% movies, and 40% music. Everything is subject to change, so would these be a set to consider for an all-purpose headphone?
In case my question got trampled by that conversation I'll ask again, does anyone know how the AKG K550s perform for gaming?
Well, this process is going to take a while, but these replies are educational. Thanks for that. By the way, what is thought of the K550s for gaming?
I don't want to limit myself to the best headphone for the AVR. I will be using the computer in two locations, and I may find that I prefer the A5+ and headphone solution more accommodating to my needs.    Also, if I ran optical from the Xonar to the Denon, wouldn't relying the DAC in the Denon keep me from achieving Dolby Virtual Surround 5.1?   Anyways, I am so far out of the loop. What is the difference between Dolby Headphone and Dolby Virtual Surround and all the...
  That's a lot of information that I can't wrap my mind around, and there doesn't seem to be a comparison of the technologies. I currently do not have surround sound, but I intend to in the future. I will be using my B&W 685s and ASW610 with my AVR3312 for now when gaming on the television, and I also have AudioEngine A5+ (and D1 DAC) that I would like to use for gaming. I do not yet have a nice pair of headphones, but I anticipate using headphones just as much as my...
I am going to build a gaming computer in the Fall/Winter and want to make sure I get the best audio experience. Obviously speakers and headphones are important, but I need to work on deciding the parts to use in the computer. What should I be looking for? Dolby Headphone? Is there anything else worth looking into? Does it make that big of a difference? Should I look for motherboards with this built in, or for separate soundcards? Any advice will be greatly...