Posts by crzycuyler

want
  I didn't expect it to be a good example. Too many variables. The content on youtube is lacking. The directional queues will be difficult without a surround sound headphone technology. I appreciate it, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDulNJOqD_c It only goes up to 720p. I've really no clue if the experience be grasped through youtube at all. I would also be using surround sound headphone technologies, so I wouldn't expect you to hear the directional queues very strong at all.
How are these with gaming. Here is what I am looking for:  
  Who says Martin Logan is trash? Is it just that they use hybrid speakers. There is an electrostat transducer and a woofer. They are nice speakers. I really am considering them. The battle in my mind (although completely different sounds) is the Sonus Faber Toy Tower vs Martin Logan ElectroMotion. I work at Best Buy and get extraordinary discounts on products such as these.   I can't even begin to justify that price. It looks quite dreamy, though.
An ESL fan? I have also considered the Martin Logan ElectroMotion. It seems a bit too bright to me though.   Would pairing a bassy headphone with a X-Fi card without changing EQ make a good match?
It has been suggested to me that the CMSS-3D has the best positioning capabilities but with a greater hit in sound quality compared to Dolby Headphone. Is this the case? If so, I would like to consider the technology that gives the best of both worlds. I am very analytical about my audio. I am selling B&W 685s (not quite to my liking) and will possibly be purchasing Sonus Faber Toy Towers down the road (if you know of either of these).
I don't quite understand software-driven audio. Can Skyrim give the surround sound headphone affect without a dedicated soundcard or additional software and drivers?
Well, I am not playing a single competitive game that needs surround sound queues. Would you say that the hit to sound quality is evident to the point that you will always notice it, or it is there when you look for it? I am only looking for immersion. My desire to have directional queues is not for more successful game play but for feeling the environment for sake of immersion. What headphone/headset might you suggest to demo this technology? Can this "Creative -...
Do games have to have DirectSound 3D and OpenAL to benefit from the CMSS-3D technology, or when they do have these are they especially synergetic? I don't really understand what software-driven audio concludes. Does the sound card play a role, or would any standard headphone outlet have the surround sound headphone experience because of the software-driven audio?   I don't think I like the fact that using CMSS-3D lowers the audio quality.