Posts by crzycuyler

I've been trying to find information on how the A900X compares to the W1000X. Are there any thoughts here?
Forgive me for being ignorant, but I'm not sure what is supposed to be done to get the best audio experience. I use a MacBook Pro. Am I supposed to check each audio file I am playing to see whether the music is 44.100, 48.000, 88.200, 96.000 kHz then go to Audio MIDI Setup and tell the computer to change the output (DAC) to output the respective khz? Should I also match the 16bit integer to the song if it is 16 bit, then change it to 24bit integer for music in my library...
Can anybody compare the W1000X to the A900X? I currently own the A900X and would like to know what improvements to expect.
Thanks for the reply. That sounds about right. Does it require a dedicated amp? I use the AudioEngine D1 DAC/amp and AudioQuest DragonFly.
I am currently in possession of both the K550 and A900X. They are both pretty new. Don't expect a "review" from me, but I will be developing some conclusions. I've got a few thus far, but need to hold off until they are worn in. 
I am in need of closed headphones that are great all-purpose cans. I will be watching movies, playing video games, and listening to music with my purchase. My music is widespread but consists densely of acoustic/folk/classical music. I'm hoping for great separation and clarity accompanied with a large soundstage. Let me know how you think the W1000X will fit my needs.   Thanks!
Now I really want the HD650, but I live in a rather noisy small apartment. Should I rule these open cans out?
Can anybody speak as to how the DF compares to AudioEngine's D1?
I appreciate it. I wonder how the DT990 would compare. They will certainly have different sounds, but I wonder which I would prefer. My three other interests are in the DT990, AKG K550, and HD650. Isolation is proving fairly important, though. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Thanks for the review. I recently purchased the A900X and am wearing them in. I will likely purchase the K550 and compare for myself.