Posts by crzycuyler

I am interested in portable headphones and would like to know if I am looking in the right direction. I've read great things about the Sennheiser, but mostly about their ability to play rock, hip hop, metal, and such. I've not heard how they handle acoustic pieces and vocals. I listen to artists like Punch Brothers, The Civil Wars, The Frames, Iron and Wine, etc. They are very acoustic and vocal centered with little effects. Will these headphones do or are there others I...
What can you say about the etymotic hf3 vs sennheiser hd25-1 II in terms of sound alone?
I'm currently investigating the Sennheiser HD25-1 II. I am looking to purchase only what I can get from Best Buy because I am an employee and am granted awesome discounts, cheap replacement plans, and 18 months no interest financing. We carry the Etymotic hf3. Is that any good?
I honestly expect no responses. I am in love with this musical group and listen to them everyday. This hasn't changed in years. Let me know if you know what portable headphones or eim with give me the most natural experience. I am an analytical listener who enjoys a balanced, neutral, detailed sound. Antifogmatic is my favorite album thus far. The band recorded together around one microphone thus creating a very natural recording.   Thanks
Sounds like you all aren't in love with the HD25-1 II. I can grab the HD25-1 II and B&W P5s for 160 each. Which would you get? Are there any other headphones you would get that are good for all-purpose(music, movies, games), portable use?
I cannot decide between portable headphones and EIMs. They are both portable. What is most important is sound quality for price: value. In the portable headphone arena, I think I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser HD25-1 II. Knowing that these will be used for general purpose (music off all sorts, movies, and games) but listened to by an analytical listener, are there a different pair of portable headphones that can be recommended? I can get the B&W P5 and Sennheiser...
I'll be honest. Im probably leaning more toward the HD25-1 II for the portability and isolation. I am in school and spend a lot of time at the library wishing I had some isolating headphones. I've not decided on this yet because I want a pair that performs well with video games; something with a better soundstage. Would the E10 offer anything to the HD25-1 II experience? Any better portable headphone recommendation? How about any in home use pairs such as the AK Q701?...
Well that makes sense... I feel stupid. What would be recommended to use as an amp/DAC with the HD598 or HD650.
I am completely new to the headphone audio world. My experience with speakers is a different story. I have been looking into sets like Sennheiser HD25-1 II for portable use and the HD598 for listening at home. I've also recently considered the AKG Q701. This is besides the point. I am curious as to how the AKG701 is being recommended with the FiiO E10, an amp/DAC that has a 3.5mm output. The HD598 and the Q701 have 1/4" headphone jacks. Is there absolutely no trouble in...
Well I am very appreciative of any help I can get. I need to take another look, but I thought I read some in depth reviews that claimed the HD25-1 II to be neutral. I am a purist at heart in the technological world. I look for the most natural, accurate, and untainted or colored reproduction of audio and video.    Also, I just stumbled upon the Sennheiser HD598 and although not an ideal portable set, these may hold great value for me. They also do not require an amp...