Posts by crzycuyler

I know, right? In what arena are the HD598s unbeatable? From what I've mentioned, do we agree on certain qualities?       Sorry, mate... Can't go doing that, though I wish I could. What is it you find intriguing in the HD 25-1 II?  
  Let me lay things out a bit clearer...   Environment: I will be using the headphones at work, the university library, on walk to campus, and at home.    Use: I will be using the headphones for music, computer games, and an occasional movie. The ratio for music to games usage is nearly 50/50, but my main concern is with music. I care more about my audio experience with music than with computer games, but do not want to suffer terribly in my gaming...
  Let me lay things out a bit clearer...   Environment: I will be using the headphones at work, the university library, on walk to campus, and at home.    Use: I will be using the headphones for music, computer games, and an occasional movie. The ratio for music to games usage is nearly 50/50, but my main concern is with music. I care more about my audio experience with music than with computer games, but do not want to suffer terribly in my gaming...
I really should split this into two categories. Portable vs Not-Portable. I feel like I may have concluded the same about the Q701, but I have not had it in me to eliminate portability and isolation. I am a college student and I spend a good deal of time in the library. Also, I'll be listening and gaming in the same room that my room mate will be watching television. So what is your opinion about  what to choose as a portable vs non portable or isolating vs open...
k
The title says it all. I am interested in a portable, isolating set that serves well when listening to bluegrass and other acoustic music. I listen to artists like Punch Brothers, Iron and Wine,The Civil Wars, Glenn Hansard, The Frames, Nickel Creek, Chris Thile, and mostly other acoustic stuff. I hear great things about the HD25-1 II, and I am very close to pulling the trigger, but every time I read great things, the post is describing their use for rock, trance,...