Posts by crzycuyler

Does anyone know how these compare to the AKG K550s? I've read so many great things about the K550s but when I listen to them next to the A900X, I felt that the K550s highs were not smooth and harsh (relatively), the A900X mids (acoustic instruments and vocals) were much fuller and detailed, the bass was certainly deeper on the A900X. The soundstage seemed ever so slightly bigger on the A900X. Overall detail and separation seemed better on the A900X as well. Before...
Do you work at Best Buy? Because I do, and I think I know why you are getting that price and looking into the Audioengine D1. I am looking similarly.    Does anyone know how these compare to the AKG K550s? I've read so many great things about the K550s but when I listen to them next to the A900X, I felt that the K550s highs were not smooth and harsh (relatively), the A900X mids (acoustic instruments and vocals) were much fuller and detailed, the bass was certainly deeper...
Also, what do you think the value of the Audioengine D1 is compared to the NuForce Icon HDP?
I know these are very different price brackets, but how do you think the Audioengine D1 compares to the NuForce Icon HDP? I work at Best Buy and can get some incredible deals on audio equipment such as these items. I wouldn't mind making the investment for the HDP if it is worth it. I plan to also purchase the AKG K550 headphones, which I've heard is easy to drive but can improve in bass and a number of other ways with a good amp, and of course a good DAC never hurts.
I've read some good stuff about the DAC in the NuForce Icon HDP. I haven't read anything fantastic about the amp, but the K550s are easy to drive, and the amp can't be worse than my 2009 MacBook Pro's, so if I can get a steal (like half off), this seems like a reasonable piece of equipment. Is there any flaw to my thinking? I could even use this DAC to improve my PS3 to Denon AVR to B&W 685, don't you think?   Thanks!   One more question. The HDP has a 1/4"...
Thanks. I've read some good stuff about the DAC in the HDP. I haven't read anything fantastic about the amp, but the K550s are easy to drive, and the amp can't be worse than my 2009 MacBook Pro's, so if I can get a steal, this seems like a reasonable piece of equipment. Is there any flaw to my thinking? I could even use this DAC to improve my PS3 to Denon AVR to B&W 685, don't you think?   Thanks!   One more question. The HDP has a 1/4" output... is it bad to use the...
I just realized we are selling several different models of amp/DACs for headphones and the sort from NuForce. If I am getting into the headphone game, what is the best value NuForce product that I should get for the long haul(considering I may get nearly half off)? I plan to purchase the AKG K550, and although I've heard it is easy to power, a good amp and especially a good DAC cannot hurt. Maybe I'll be in this game for a while and need a better amp down the road? I'm...
I work at Best Buy and can get fantastic discounts on many products. I just realized we are selling several different models of amp/DACs for headphones and the sort. If I am getting into the headphone game, what is the best value NuForce product that I should get for the long haul(considering I may get nearly half off)? I plan to purchase the AKG K550, although I've heard it is easy to power, a good amp and especially a good DAC cannot hurt.    Thanks for any advice!
I've been recommended time and time again recently the AKG K550. I think I may pull the trigger. I am looking to see if someone thinks they can talk me out of it. 
Wish I could share. haha   I would have to if I were you. I may just head over to the store right now. We've got them in stock.