Posts by crzycuyler

Do you have any opinions about the W1000X?
  Best ever? I am considering the D7000 as I can get them for less than $500. Wouldn't the denons be a winner?   I find the K550s to be quite attractive! Do you think they would benefit from my AudioEngine D1 (DAC)? I might pull the trigger on these over this summer.   How is the bass? I need bass not to fall behind. I am certainly not a basshead, but I like some crazy upright bass in bluegrass solos and video games with some impact.
  I've come across far more positive reviews for the K550s. The only people who knock them are discussing irrelevant comparisons. I really, REALLY want to like them. I am not sure if they were a bad pair or not. I value your opinion as you have spent time with both. Looking at my usage of the headphones posted above, which sound like the best fit to you?
  This is not my experience at all. Everything felt very distant on the K550. I attempted to analyze instruments and harmonies. They sounded muddy and conjoined. The A900X gave detail and separation and felt as though a veil had been lifted. What equipment are you using with these headphones? How often do head phones have faulty pairs? Do these need substantial burn in?
I truly appreciate the reply. I very much enjoyed these headphones next to the K550. My struggle is that the K550 is so highly reviewed and I want to know if forums will do me much good if I disagree so easily. There are so many headphones I will not have the option to audition, therefore I want to believe in the potential help that can be provided online. I am hoping that the reason the K550 is so highly reviewed is that the A900X is hard to get ahold of. It just seemed...
How do the D7000s perform with gaming? I will be playing The Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, Starcraft I & II, the Diablo series and maybe Bioshock, Borderlands, Guild Wars, Dead Space, and RAGE. The list of games probably doesn't help much, but how does the D7000 perform for computer games?    Gaming would be second to music, but I am still quite interested. I listen to mostly acoustic music such as Punch Brothers, The Frames, and The Civil Wars. I've not...
from what I've read, the w1000x may suit me... at half price... 
this may sound crazy, but i think im gonna try to grab the K550s to get some of what AKG has to offer. down the road i plan to buy the ATH-W1000X, and later the D7000. This should get me a variety of different signature sounds at a variety of levels. does anyone else think like this?
  Does anyone know how the ATH-A900X compare to the AKG K550s? I've read so many great things about the K550s but when I listened to them next to the A900X, I felt that the K550s highs were not smooth and harsh (relatively), the A900X mids (acoustic instruments and vocals) were much fuller and detailed, the bass was certainly deeper on the A900X. The soundstage seemed ever so slightly bigger on the A900X. Overall detail and separation seemed better on the A900X...
Environment: I will be using the headphones at work, the university library, on walk to campus, and at home.    Use: I will be using the headphones for music, computer games, and an occasional movie. The ratio for music to games usage is nearly 50/50, but my main concern is with music. I care more about my audio experience with music than with computer games, but do not want to suffer terribly in my gaming experience.   Purpose: To provide the most detailed audio...