Posts by crzycuyler

I am quite interested to see some opinions on this. Post a comparison if you get the chance! I'm trying to make a decision between these two cans at this moment.
  This is interesting. The A900X did sound more involved. Maybe relative to the A900X, the K550 can benefit more with a proper amp. For me, the price of the K550 and A900X are the same.     I do not yet have either model. I have only listened to them on display in a Magnolia at Best Buy. The models have not been broken in at all as it is a new display and new product to Magnolia. I noticed a few aspects of this new setup that lead me to believe the installer was careless,...
  The point is that I may have listened to a defective model or haven't spent enough time with the model to experience it more fully. I'm new to this and hear great things about the K550. I love the look and overall design. If by chance I am able to experience more than what I have so far, then I would be quite delighted. Seeing as my observation is quite opposite about the K550, I feel there must be something wrong. If it is truly a step up from the A900X in audio...
  What is the content, DAC, and amplifier being used, again? I may just be too new to this, but I am hearing the opposite. The K550 feels somewhat lifeless and distant. Is it likely that I just have different tastes? Could you describe the K550 as dry or cold? The A900X sounds warmer, fuller in soundstage, more separation, better detail, and just feels smoother. I keep asking because I so badly want to like the K550 better. It is far more comfortable and attractive, and...
  I'd like to hear more from you as well. I look forward to reading your comparison. Make sure to share it with me; I'd greatly appreciate it. Are there any brief objective descriptions that you can share about the two? Characteristics that could be easily grasped from a few quick yet intimate sessions.
I've taken another listen and I am lost. I must be hearing a defective unit. Can someone having experienced both the A900X and the K550 explain to me in as great a detail as possible without bias what the characteristics of these models are?
Well, if the K550 is a good gaming headphone, I'll grab it. It's too dang sexy and comfortable. I would have liked to have experienced a tad more warmth in their flavor, though.
  Are you a K550 fan? If so, why?
  This is important to me as well. I need vocal clarity. My experience is that the A900X had more bass and more forward, rich mids... This is why all the rage about the K550 makes me feel my experience was flawed.
I like to have an idea on how I would upgrade and get a taste of company sound signatures. I feel like I want to go K550 > W1000X > D7000 I liked the idea of closed headphones.   Also, I would like to see your full unbiased write up to see if my experience was with a faulty set and when I compare them again, I can see if I agree.