Posts by crzycuyler

Cool. Thanks, MLE. I'll be ordering the CAL! in the next day or so. 
Hey guys,    I've got a $60 store credit to Best Buy, and currently the SLYR is $61.99 and the CAL! is $68.99. I am trying to decide between these two headphones. I doubt I'll ever use the microphone on the SLYR, so sound is really the only thing relevant when making my decision. When I searched the thread, I saw that Mad Lust Envy had at one time even preferred the sound of the SLYR to that of the CAL. I am wondering if this is still the case. The headphones will mostly...
I am almost certainly purchasing both the Polk Audio RTi A1 speakers and the Audio Technica W1000X for my computer audio setup. I will be using my computer for gaming and music. Other than the better amp in the Xonar STX, does it have any benefits over the Titanium HD? If not, I am wanting to pull the trigger on the Creative card. If I go with the Titanium HD, I will be using an old RCA receiver I found at my parent's house as my headphone amplifier. Is this a good...
I can't remember if I have asked this before, but I am looking to purchase one of two headphones to pair with an amp and the Titanium HD. In this very specific instance, price is not object. I am trying to decide between Audio Technica W1000X and Sennheiser HD700. Any opinions? They will be for mostly gaming but some music and movies. I play non-competitive immersive games. Thanks!
I totally want my games on the SSD, though. Is this foolish? For example, I want to have Skyrim on the SSD for all sorts of loading reasons.
Is that true? I've heard little about that. I haven't been planning on any standard HDD. I like the idea of all SSDs. I got two 520 series for $115 each!
CPU: i7-3770K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Motherboard: DZ77GA-70K Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2X8) DDR3-1600 Storage: Intel 520 Series 180GB SSD x2 GPU: Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 4GB Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD Case: Cooler Master HAF XB   I just needs to pick a power supply and monitor. This is my first build, though, and I'm always open to suggestions.
Can I just say that I am stoked? I am building a killer computer and have been planning to do so for a while and therefor avoided completing my favorite games so I wouldn't be simply replaying them. This will be fun.
Does anyone here have experience with Oblivion or Fallout 3 with the Titanium HD card? I have been told it is capable of the most impressive sound queues such as near perfect height, distance, and angle. Is this true and is it convincing? I want to disappear into the Capital Wasteland and explore a few dungeons like I'm there!
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but I will be buying the Titanium HD for now.