Posts by Watchdog

I did a search and I'm still somewhat confused.   I'm interested in purchasing the Momentum headphones, but would also like the flexibility of using a longer cable than the two 1.5 metre cables the headphone comes with.   Reading some other threads it sounds as though the cable for the HD 598 would have to be modified to fit the Momentum. I'd like something that works straight out of the box and is roughly between 2 and 3 metres in length. Is there anything available...
I didn't notice this thread until after I received my monthly Stereophile. I thought it was pretty cool that a letter from yet another Head-Fi member got published so quickly. I searched for this topic and found the discussion sure went off onto a tangent...........
My experience with the A5 is limited. I heard them in a computer store and I was impressed with the quality, for the price. Very good speaker and if it was all I could afford I think I'd be happy with them. I own the BM6A Mk II, and I really like them. They're a really nice speaker, but as others have said in a different league from the AE5. Now my neighbour's Martin Logan CLX completely blow away the Dynaudio I own, but of course that is a completely different league
Hmmm, why do I want to replace the DT990 Pros. Mainly because this website creates addictive behaviour and well, there's ALWAYS something better isn't there? I suppose it's also because I've read about new headphones and I'm curious and the fact that when I attended a meet in Burnaby a few years ago I heard a set of old Grado HP1's connected to the hot DIY amp at the time. I think it might have been a META42 or a PPA, I can't recall. The amp had all blackgate caps and...
Can anyone help me out?
It's been about 3 years since I've regularly posted and frequented this site. The second child really cut down on the amount of time I could spend on the Internet and this site. In any event both kids are at an age where they don't need constant attention and I can finally start listening to music once in a while. A co-worker (who I turned onto Head-Fi) was trying to sell his DAC1 with no luck, so after about six months of no action. I decided to buy it from...
Has anyone purchased this product recently? I'm interested in hearing other opinions, particularly those who purchased after the firmware updates which might have solved the problems the Captain had.
http://www.psiberaudio.com/iPod_4.htm Sorry if this is a repost, but I did a search on a few terms and nothing came up.
Many Head-Fi members will go on about differences in cables, power supplies, etc... that make quite a difference in the sound. A Steps power supply for the PPA is supposed to make a big difference. So why is it so hard to believe that a product that uses 120 VAC doesn't sound better than a product that uses two 9V batteries? I realize there are some advantages to battery power that may work in the SR-71s favour, but if a designer had a choice between designing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by donaldekelly I found one at a yard sale Can it really take 128MB smart media card? The directions say only 64MB - but maybe that is all Creative makes so that is all they put in the directions. Yes it takes 128MB, that's what I had and it worked fine. I sold the player long ago. I wouldn't buy it at a yard sale unless it was less than $25, they're not worth much.