Posts by cam94z28

Sorry if it was posted in this thread, but I noticed the HA-S600's are only $10 more than the 400's on amazon ATM. They are listed as having carbon diaphragms (doesn't say nanotube, but "carbon compound"). Are these of the same line as the S400/S500's? They have more of an egg design, use 40mm drivers, and are Around-the-Ear vs On-Ear. This would appeal more to me, as I tend not to like On-Ear's.   Their highest model listed on the US web site, the HA-S900's, also simply...
Thanks for this thread. I was eyeing  these when they were WAY more expensive, and watched them drop down to $80, $55, and the $45 which they now are. So, I'm VERY tempted. But, I noticed one important spec that bothers me. Do these seriously only have a sensitivity of 12dB? I could only imagine what it would take to drive these.   Please tell me this is a typo, and these can be powered relatively easily from a portable player. I do have a few cmoy amps, and a Home...
Done, Done, and Done. Hopefully I win something, for once in my life :P  
I actually have the samson sr850's, which are supposed to sound nearly identical, but I really hate the treble on them. It's hissy, tinny, and sibilant IMO. If youve heard the superlux, how does their bass compare to the M80's. That should help me make my decision. 
I noticed that too. 4-6 day "standard" shipping at music123 is free, but is probably that lightning ship crap. Who knows when you'll get it. With prime, amazon is the better deal. I was going to grab the monoprice 8223's (Kicker HP541) cans, but I'm wondering if these would be a better deal. FWIR, being semi-open, and with only 40mm drivers, they will be pretty bass light. I don't want them to sit in a drawer for eternity, along with my AD700's.   The only thread here on...
These are on sale for $29.99 at music123 (add to cart for price). I can't find any word about them here at all. The only post was dated 2007, and probably for the non MkII model. I'm wondering if they're worth trying for the price. Then again, I like my bass, so maybe not... they are semi-open.   I do like my K81DJ's, other than their sometimes blisteringly sibilant treble (pads in front of driver removed). They are my first and only experience with AKG.
I know they're probably not a favorite around here, but thought I'd share anyway. Amazon warehouse deals has the  Philips O'Neill SHO9560/28 Over-Ear Headphones   Used, in "Black Bordeaux" color, (Maroon and Black) for anywhere from $16.04 - $16.96, depending on condition, the worst of which is "good" and due to damaged packaging. Most of them appear to be returns, judging from the description. Mine had some tears in the cardboard "tin" that the headphones come...
The ATH-ON3's (ONTO) were being faked pretty widely for a while. Which makes absolutely no sense, as my pair, which were verified authentic, aren't even worth listening to :P   Go figure. Other than those, I haven't heard of any other fakes. 
Just FYI, if you add to cart, JR is $82.99 for the PRO, and $29.99 for the DJ.
I will probably grab the DJ cans, and go from there. The headband does look surprisingly similar to Ultrasone, but I doubt we could be that lucky. I don't think I could splurge for the more expensive pair until I know for sure what they're based on, or what kind of sound to expect.    EDIT: N/M, I just realized the DJ phones are out of stock :/