or Connect

Posts by Michael G.

Pics posted, check out my opening post.
The headphones look and sound stellar and anyone would be hard-pressed to tell that they were not factory modded. The guy who modded them was a woodworker and an audiophile who seemed pretty confident in his abilities and about how to dis-assemble the wooden cups without damaging them. All I really know is, the operation was a success... I'll post some pics soon so stay tuned. 
          Grado RS-1i completely recabled with 20 feet of Cardas. The guy who did the recabling did a swell job of it but this is a mod that is not recommended for the average tinkerer. There is some risk that the wooden bodies will sustain damage in the ungluing and/or reassembly phase...
I know that it's a relatively new headphone but I'm wondering if anyone anywhere has taken a crack at a custom recabling job yet...
AKG K701 white with original box, packaging and accessories in great condition.   These K701s were professionally recabled with 10 feet of Cardas FatPipe for balanced drive amplification by Headroom. Termination is dual 3-pin XLR. Simple adapter cables (not included) or inexpensive retermination will allow for the use of any type of headphone amp (single 4 pin XLR or standard single-ended socket), of course. Original retail cost, $750.     Cardas Headoom FatPipe is a...
How does it sound?
The brand new Momentum 2.0 sealed-back, folding headphones surpass the the original Momentum in the areas of fit, comfort, and sound quality. Universally well-reviewed and a true bargain, especially at this price. Having recently bought several pairs of these for use in my local record listening library I have decided to sell these two, and at a substantial discount.   Both pairs are black color. One pair has in-line volume control for use with Apple portable devices,...
Price lowered: $500 plus shipping.   Up for sale is my versatile and beautiful Creek 5350 SE w/phono upgrade, in excellent overall condition. 85 w X 2, smooth organic sound and great bass articulation, seems more powerful than it's power rating would suggest. Made in UK, less than ten years old, used lightly. I'm conservatively rating this "7/10" for minor signs of usage but it probably deserves an "8/10". Creek remote and a Creek box included.   Trust my 100%...
An audiophile classic for both looks and performance. Rega's nicest CDP ever, in the opinion of some. $288 shipped.   The original Rega Planet top-loading CD player is prized for it's "analog-like" sound, good looks, and bomb-proof construction. This unit was purchased NOS about ten years ago and has been lightly used since, so you can expect many more years of faithful service from this player. In very good cosmetic condition too, the few light nicks on the top side...
Every headphone I've heard (or read about) so far is "rather flawed" in some way or the other. It's a common complaint levelled at almost every high-end "Flagship" headphone ever heard. Or read about. Not to mention all the failures floating and bobbing around in the flood of lower level headphones... All the Beyers I've heard so far sounded both good and flawed, at the same time. There, I've said it. As with every other headphone that I'm aware of, they do certain things...