Posts by isotope240

Will the A500 provide an extreme amount of isolation? Will it be crappy sounding without amplification?
Yes, too much isolation is something I am a little concerned about. I would like to be able to hear a nearby phone ring, or someone closeby talking to me. Hmm..
Thanks for all the responses, I'm about to start looking into all the suggestions I've been offered so far. Just a note-- I am willing to bend my budget a little, but I am definitely not willing to buy any form of amplification to power whatever headphones I buy, and I do not want to buy a soundcard because I plan on using these on more than one computer (not to mention that I can't really be modding the lab computers ) Keep the replies coming please, this is great!
Hi. What the title says-- I'm looking for sub $100 headphones to plug straight into a computer headphone jack that will sound as good as possible for the money I am willing to invest. I am a little concerned with leakage, but it's not a huge deal. I do listen to some rock, but I generally don't listen with the volume way up. I don't mind incoming leaks; I'm just trying not to piss off my friends at work who will be maybe 8 feet away and on the other side of some...
just to clarify, the (headphone)jack hasn't really failed... it's just pretty loose... (maybe that is "failing," i dunno) and i leave my headphones plugged into it all the time, being very careful not to jerk the cord around... i have noticed that if i wiggle the cord, the sound kinda scratches out for a second but it doesnt happen too easily... the 0 ohm jack is very secure in comparison. i guess i'll go ahead and put the new one in; hopefully some DIY people can...
Quote: Originally posted by jude isotope240, You've been here since, what, August? You have all of 78 posts. And yet you see serial problems with the way things are run, trigger-happy with scathing criticism of what you see is the disaster that's the moderation of this forum. You think I read every single post made at Head-Fi? Unfortunately, no I don't. Here, let's make a deal: you read the 187,502 posts that have been made here at Head-Fi, and then...
hmm, this kinda reminds me of the way the moderators (mis?)handled the exchanges between me and grinch in the "dealers and discounts" thread... i loved the way jude and the mods failed to reprimand grinch for comments such as "you are scum. you make me want to puke blood". but then again, maybe that kind of thing isn't what jude had in mind when he mentioned "personal attacks" in the posting rules. so jude, what exactly IS a personal attack? i guess there isn't a...
i've been using the 120 ohm jack on my corda, and i just realized how loose it is (compared to the 0 ohm jack). is there an easy way to fix it? i'm worried that it will get worse if i don't do anything about it, and i really don't want to have to send my amp off for repair (assuming that the loose jack is a problem).
ah my bad guys, i just don't feel like seeing this thread go back into the kind of stuff that was happening earlier. i'm going to stop now.
Quote: Originally posted by andrzejpw In my opinion, DanG and isotope were trying to accomplish VERY different things. DanG was just trying to haggle. Just like anyone would at a car dealer. Isotope, on the other hand, in my opinion, was immorally trying to bring the price down. andrzejpw, i'm not sure if you've been keeping up with the thread... maybe you were just skimming it, but i'll say again: just like DanG, i was trying to save money. we...