Posts by Surge74

Spritzer, your comments are appreciated (although way over my head). I am ordering a BHSE to compare for myself and will sell the one I like the least. I wish Jack Woo would contribute here...
Would you mind sharing your comments on both the WES and BHSE, with the SR-009?Thanks
Well put. It's easy to get caught up in the never-happy-upgrade-death-spiral. The objective here is to love the music, right?
Well put. It's easy to get caught up in the never-happy-upgrade-death-spiral. The objective here is to love the music, right?
Well, not according to the comparison published on AV Guide. This all tells me (as Tyll's, and others' indicate) that the differences are very minor between them.
Makes sense Attorney, thanks for explaining.
  Well Tyll did say the WES is best for acoustic chamber and jazz.  This is almost the opposite of what AV Guide found most appealing... so I have no clue what to believe.  Either there was variability in the WES, tubes, or the reviewers' ears.
I find it comical and somewhat juvenile how some people exaggerate the differences.  When in reality professional reviewers claim that there really aren't big differences and that the WES is superior in some ways:    
Here's why I bought the Woo WES over the BHSE.  First, I'm an engineer and an (amateur) audiophile.  I certainly don't know as much about headphones and high-end audio as many people here -- especially Spritzer, who's somewhat (over-?)revered as a god on this site.   Anyway, I wanted the best sound for a sizeable investment that would last as long as possible.   If you read the reviews (e.g., Tyll's at Inner Fidelity and AV Guide) critically, there isn't much difference...
Are you referring to the WES?