Posts by Surge74

Sold
Thanks guys. It's not easy to joke online as it's hard to interpret. I know I'm somewhat "anal retentive" but after spending so much money, I'm being extra cautious I suppose.
Thanks for the worthless comment. If ever I want to waste my time, I'll ask you for advice.
In my Oppo 95 -> Realizer A8 -> PS Audio PWDII DAC -> Woo WES -> Stax SR-009 setup, on 2 occasions there was a clipped signal being fed to the SR-009s. Worried that this may have damaged the drivers in the SR-009.  Would it be audible if damaged?   On a few occasions the Realizer A8 clipped and it sounded like distorted bass in the SR-009s.  It didn't last more than 1sec each time.  I had the volume on the A8 set too high and it clipped on movie scenes with loud...
By stock tubes, I mean the less expensive tubes that Woo offers, as opposed to the optional tubes. I don't think there should be "optional" tubes, but I'm not running Woo. I have never heard of a manufacturer running in their devices. I'm sure Woo doesn't, and I know PS Audio doesn't. I have one of their DACs and power regenerators there is an explicit burn in time requirement - for the customer to do. As to why Woo sent a brand new amp for a review, I agree that was...
Regarding Tyll(sp?)'s review on Inner Fidelity, according to Jack Woo of Woo Audio, the WES not only had the stock tubes but was not broken in (it was brand new). As WES owners reported here, the amp requires 250-500 hours before sounding right. I'm surprised that a respected reviewer would test an amp that wasn't broken in!
For sale is a 10 month old Woo Audio WES, includes the following: upgraded with the "Mk.II" chokes (done by Woo Audio) upgraded rectifier tubes (purchased from Woo Audio) upgraded phase splitter tubes (purchased from Woo Audio) comes with original unused stock rectifier and phase splitter tubes. under factory warranty until May, 2013 Absolutely mint with only 300 hours of listening (yes, I kept a log book).   Paypal or certified check only. Buyer pays PayPal fee and...
  I see, thank you sir.  To state the obvious, I'm assuming you're referring to the WES and LL as the two that have a very pronounced sound signature?
Let me throw out another consideration: if one uses the Realizer A8, do the differences among the WES, BHSE, and LL become more minor? Since the A8 is equalizing the sound and simulating other speakers anyway, won't the individual differences of each amp wash out?