Posts by ashbeowulf

Greetings :) Just got my Schiit Asgard today in the mail and wow liking it so far! Big upgrade for me from the Millet Starving Student Hybrid I'm coming from. Glad to hear the warmness, and the amp seems to have opened up the bottom end on my Denon 5000s much more. Really liking it :) Now, next step upgrading to an ODAC from the D3 I have currently heh
2nding the amazing cable management in that case. Very slick. Much better than trying to cram all the cables into the side of the case like I currently do with my Cooler Master Storm :P
Agree with ulogin, posting personal info is not cool and vigilantism is not the answer. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you not only Justin but we can all remember this!
Was looking for some upgrades to my turntable that I can do for reasonably cheap. I really quite like the turntable I have at this price point, but would like to maximize the sound out of it. Will replacing the cartridge with this one from Shure work?: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006I5SB/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13648ZFV679XEFF5B8RT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846   Would it even fit my SL-BD22?...
I'd say file the complaint. He's in Alaska for god knows how long, and who knows when if ever you may get your stuff. Worst case scenario, you can go back and reorder your stuff from him later (I don't know why you would though). I've only been here a short while, but I've sold stuff on other forums for years, and I personally would be mortified if I left a buyer waiting or sold something that I wouldn't personally use. If you've already been screwed over once by one...
I'm also looking for an upgrade to my denons. Love the sound of the d5k and open to finding the next thing in the upgrade chain
Thanks for the advice! I have the o2 summary and details pages both bookmarked to reference. parts are on their way as we speak
I contacted jschristian about the Asgard he had for sale, and he explained he had already sold it. He then proceeded to plead through a series of messages for me to buy his gamma, a DAC I had no interest in or ever heard about before. This was at the same time my amp failed. It was a millet hybrid amp constructed by jschristian that I bought through another member. When I took it apart, the solder job is really terrible. Big globs of solder with no attempts to clean up...
Also is it worth upgrading my current phono (SL-BD22) to the SL-1200? They're selling for around 350-450 in my area, but not sure if it's worth the upgrade and at what price it would be
  Here's my very modest turntable/audio setup. The phono is a Technics SL-BD22 connected to a Technics Integrated SU-G75 amp. Headphones are Denon D5Ks. My other amp is a millet starving student hybrid, connected currently to a Fiio D3 DAC. Looking for possible ways to upgrade my current turntable situation without spending an exorbitant amount of money. Any suggestions?    Edit: Forgot to note that everything on the TT is stock. Looking for maybe a stylus to...