Posts by liquidzoo

This link was pm'd to me a long time ago and might be similar to what you're looking for, I don't know.You'd need a solder pot to burn off the enamel coating.http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/index1/Litz-Wire-Supplier.htmlScroll down and look at the 220/44 wire.
Best Buy Magnolia has the K550s. I know that the Magnolia near me (well, nearish) has them in stock (they did, anyway...the store locator on their site seems to say that they're not in stock any more). I've listened to them there before. Might be worth checking out if you have one near you (can't see your location, I did have a similar experience at a Guitar Center in Tempe AZ as you, except I did go with the...
Guitar Center (if there's one near you) will probably have the M50/M50x for you to try out. Best Buy Magnolia might have the K550s as well as other headphones in your price range.
This might help you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/646368/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-250-ohm-32-ohm-or-80-ohms I wouldn't use an E6 with the DT770s, though it might work. It wouldn't provide enough juice to be really happy with the headphones (I have one, but I don't use it anymore). Given the choice, I'd go with the E17 or E18 over the E11 for 2 reasons: 1) Cheaper. According to Amazon, the E17 is ~$20 cheaper than the E11, and the E18 is about the same price. 2) The...
The biggest difference I had with the M50 vs the DT770 is that the 770s have velour pads where the M50s have pleather. The pleather pads felt hot on my ears as I was testing them out so for me it was a no brainer and I went with the 770 (80 Ohm). From what I have read, the main difference between the 80 and 250 Ohm versions is that the sound is more flat on the 250 Ohm. Bass is not as exaggerated and mid is not as recessed. Not flat, by any means, but not as pronounced...
Look for a 3.5mm mono plug.Should be able to find them easily enough,This is the US site, but the same connector should be available on that side of the pond too:http://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-Rean-NYS226BG-3-5mm-Black/dp/B0008JFHI8While you're at it, you could get a neutrik RCA too. Will be cheaper than Monster (unless you already have the monster jack).
I've never had a problem with the bass in my DT770s. I've never played a song where I couldn't hear all of the notes.I am by no means an analytical listener, and not much of a basshead (I appreciate it, in certain genres of music, but it's not what I'm after all the time), so it's hard to critique one vs the other. The DT770s sound really good to me. They have more bass than my Grados (though that's absolutely to be expected) and I heard more than the M50s when I tried...
Grados are a mixed bag. You either love them or hate them. There doesn't seem to be a lot of in-between.If Grados are something that interests you, I strongly urge you to see if there is a dealer local to you where you can try them out.
For $300 I would go to the Grado SR225, though keep in mind that you will need the adapter if you only have 1/8" jacks available (like from a computer sound card). The SR80 would do well, but a lot of people agree that the sweet spot, especially for the Prestige line, is the SR225. A V shaped signature has an emphasis on bass and treble vs midrange.
I've been contemplating some too, specifically for riding my bike. My wife has a pair of Jaybirds Bluebuds X that she quite likes, but I'm not sure what the sound quality is even compared to the JVC HA-FR 301b IEMs I've been using.