Posts by Costas

The fit is pretty tight as it takes a bit of pushing of the earmold to put it back. A few hours later, when I open up my Westone case to take out my UM2s for some listening, I find the RHS earmold detached from the stem! It is almost like there is some sort of pressure buildup or something that is pushing this thing out while it is packed away. I just can't figure it out...
Hello there. I have a pair of UM2 monitors that are absolutely fantastic. I can’t tell you how much I love listening to my music through these monitors. About 3 months ago, I had some custom made earmolds made for my monitors. They have improved the sound considerably and the comfort is amazing. I can listen to my music on the bus without any interference whatsoever. I actually look forward to catching the bus these days so I can lose myself in my music! I have...
I tried triflanges too but found them uncomfortable. I haven't tried the Shure tips so that could be interesting... So far, the best choice seems to be the Futuresonics foam tips. A good combination of comfort and sound quality.
I have just received delivery of a pair of Westone UM-2 IEMs. All I can say is that these are simply awesome . The best IEMs that I have heard and I came to this conclusion after the first minute I had them on. Anyway, I have noticed that there is a significant difference in the sound depending on the eartips used. With the small ones that come with the UM-2s, there is a marked loss in bass. It is still pretty good but not as rich or substantial as with the large...
Well, I've decided to bite the bullet and go with none of the original 3 IEMs that I was considering... I have purchased the Westone UM2s instead on the back of some glowing reviews. I figure the extra $ spent now will avoid me spending more $$$ in the future upgrading... (wishful thinking). Anyway, when these arrive I will hopefully post a report on them. Thanks for the advice along the way...
What kind of music? Well I have around 700 CDs with everything from Mozart to Metallica and everything in between. I enjoy classical, jazz, blues, rock, metal, electronica, ambient, and pop. The only genre I don't really listen to is Country and Rap. As such, I want something that is good at everything. I know that is asking for a lot but I already have 7 headphones in my arsenal and don't wan't to keep adding to the collection ad-infinitum!!!
Thank you so much for your advice guys. This is really helpful. Now I am considering perhaps going a little bit extra and looking at the Westone UM2s... Are they worth the extra investment compared to the current three IEMs that I am looking at?
I looked at the UM2 but that is in a totally different pricepoint. The above three IEMs are all in around the same price point and hence they form my selection.
I have just purchased a Creative Zen Vision:M and now want a pair of high quality IEMs to go with it. I am currently listening to my Zen with a pair of FutureSonics FS-1 IEMs and whilst the bass is great, the mids and highs are disappointing. I have narrowed my choice to three. The Ety ER-4P, the Shure E4C, and the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 PRO. I want: - Excellent bass response - Good overall balanced and dynamic sound - Low microphonics - Good fit for...
The weight is not an issue for me. The issue for me is that the clips on the KSC-35s are uncomfortable and pinch the back of my ears. Can the clips be adjusted in any way without causing any damage to the headphones?