Posts by ultrabike

I like the HE-6s and the HE-560 better than the PM-1s. PM-1s are a bit too laid back to my ears, but not bad (aside from the $). I heard them (2x PM1s and an HE-560) side by side off of the same system. If I recall correctly, the PM1s are more efficient and less amp powa demanding.   IMO the HE-560 > HE-6 but did not heard them side by side. Furthermore, I feel the HE-560 has more in common with the HE-6 than the PM-1. The HE-6s might be more bright than the HE-560. Both...
 Just saw that. The ranges are a bit wide on the y-axis but even then I'm surprised there was that much bass when using a styrofoam cup! IMO they measure reasonably flat, but not that flat:  Not sure how they got flat treble in their characterization. On my rig they did exhibit quite a bit of non-linear distortion in the lower mids (over 3%), which I think should be absent on $1k range cans (particularly in that frequency range)  I did direct comparisons with my HD600s...
 Seems to me NwAvGuy banned himself from his own website.
 Sarcastic or not "We're cool now" is exactly what you said over a year ago. Are you cool now? I'm not sure what you want to take to private email. Do you currently own Schitt products? Any further issues/concerns with such products that you haven't already discussed in public forums and youtube, and left unresolved?  
 Dunno if it matters at this point to you, going by your profile it seems you no longer have HD800s and seem to be sticking to your KGSSHV + SR-007 combo. I disagree w you about the Anax mods. I heard Anax's own HD800s and though they were great. Didn't like the stock HD800 that much.
  Coolness!
That's watz ol'bout Lors. If after your mods they sound much better than just a pair of bookshelf speakers, I would say that's an accomplishment and job well done.
 Exactly! Look, if Koss can doit, so can ML. BTW, your mod looks pretty cool!
 Agreed, and no problem: Linky
  Sounds like an great mod!