Posts by HeretixAevum

The more I read, the more I suspect I would prefer the sound of the HE-560. I'll have to audition both to see what I think, but I'm surprised by the reports that the 400i has more consistent build quality than the 560. Can somebody give some more insight about this? It's utterly unacceptable for the cheaper model to be better built. 
Very, very interesting and cool headphone. Really liking the design and all the cool features. I think the amp is a great feature, especially since you can run it passive anyway. I'll have to try this out, but I wonder if I'll find it comfortable with the weight... Maybe, those pads are nice and phat which is promising!
Can anybody here comment on the soundstage and imaging of the 400i relative to the DT880?
Disappointing to see that they went with the right angle jack. Certainly not a deal breaker or anything but it makes absolutely no sense on a 6 foot cable to me, let alone on a headphone like the 400i which doesn't seem portable friendly at all (outside of being efficient enough). 
^ Yeah I was going to mention that mod actually, it certainly interests me.
Awesome, thanks, I'd greatly appreciate it! From Jerg's review the 400i sound like I would be drooling all over them (Both in sound and comfort), but his impression of the soundstage size only being "fair" worries me. I don't really know how large the DT880 is considered, but I wouldn't want an "upgrade" headphone to be a significant downgrade in the soundstage. As long as it sounds open enough and isn't cramped sounding is the main thing. I will definitely go out of my...
I'm wondering how the 400i would compare to the DT880. 
Admittedly the CAL! has a bit more in the midbass around 80-100hz, but since you said "lower bass" I assume you meant the very deepest notes which the UE6000 clearly has more of in listening for me, and this is also supported by the measurements which makes it pretty much objective fact in my honest opinion:   http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/CreativeAurvana.pdf http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf   I have average sized ears, the UE6000...
Really? I found the UE6000 had significantly more prominent sub bass. The CAL! rolls off somewhat in the lower bass where as the UE6000 stays significantly flatter. Heck, let's keep it simple, my impression was the UE6000 has more bass, period. 
From Jerg's impressions alone, it sounds as though the 400i compares very well with the 500, and at $500 with better comfort? Seems a no-brainer in favour of the 400i for me. I look forward to auditioning them.