Posts by Mshenay

Please do, granted and TRUST me there are MUCH better dacs than then UAC 202, but what makes it great is it's small size and realitivly clean sound, for $30 I think it's a heck of a bargin, the other side is the 202 has an optical out, which means you can feed an optical Dac via the beringher. the beringher works nicely as a piggy back device, I tested USB into my Audio GD NFB10ES2 and then I tested the Beringhers optical out, both sounded idenditical, the differeance was...
Ideally, an audiophile headphone should sound simmilar to a high end speaker, there are ofc major differances, but as a guy with like thousand dollar headphones, I've got a pair that sound better than the Sound System at my Local Theater, granted I don't have a giant sub to shake my body to FEEL dem xPlosions, but I get enough UMPH around my neck and jaw to be a real happy camper    if you want the BEST BANG for your buck, go with the Beringer [it's an ugly little thing...
I've never heard the Super Luxs BUT if your going to drop $130 for anything get your self a Used Beyerdyanmic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, it sells for about $125 used, and $150 New It is a rather bright headphone so if you don't like the treble eq it down, the positives are that when you pair it with the Schiit Vali it sounds WONDERFUL! The best part is, there is a Dac called the Berrimgher UAC 202, it costs about 30 and it's honestly a great little Dac, I have it and I use it...
Heck I'd love to hear it my self honestly... either way I have a balanced D2k with a crap ton of mods, the D5k should be some what close ish to my LA D2k [not as good if it's stock] EITHER way I find balanced amps to sound a step above SE so you should b in for a treat! 
Yea he has a good point, shame on my for skimming over your first post :/, the HE 4 is BRIGHT!  the 400i should be right up your alley! When it get's launched 
I hear a lot about the HD668 I might go with that option, and get your self something like a Fiio E07k a $60 dac amp combo that should sound very nice with your first headphone, I might try going for the DT 990 and or/dt 880 pads 
Pretty old System there... still a great price for a balanced rig and headphone! I paid about $750 for my Fully Modded LA D2k, Wood Cups, Lawton Dampened Driver, Lawton Pads, and a cable from Briant at BTG. Add the fact that I have my NFB 10ES2 Balanced Amp dac [assume it's just the Amp portion] and where at about $1000   SO, the way I see it, this is a pretty good deal. I'm a little jealous 
eww gawd not that 2.5mm crud... 
ONE WEEK, jeeze did I kill this thread   any one want to compare the HE 4 with the HE 5 LE
Yea I know the feeling, thankfully King Wa Charges you like $35 dollars so you can get it in 3 days as far as headphones goes the NFB 15 is a rather warm organic sounding unit, I'd honestly shoot for the HE 4, you can still get a hold of it I think! I have and and I love it, the price is about $450 new, still you may find a used one for less. You could also try the Beyer Dyanmic DT 880, it's not as good as the HE 4 but it's about half the price, and sounds well about 90%...