Posts by Mshenay

As a wood fetish I agree with you, adding wood back to any driver imbunes it with a the most magical earthy tone!  but no in all seriousness, wood has different resonnate properties than plastic, metal or any of the like. The classical example of why wood fetishist are what we are, would be guitars, violins or any of the "wood" winds or any of those very old classical instruments heck take a Gretch guitar, I'm talkin a classic 1960 Country Gentleman, if you've ever heard...
Yea, it all comes down to personal Taste. I prefer very bright, and some what dry sounding headphones my self. I never had any issues with the DT 990 EVER. If you how ever like a dark sound that's ok to! IF you can't sell your headphones though, do try a tube. A REALLY really cheap tube amp will REALLY warm the dt 990 up, and the DT 990 is technically pretty solid, so if you pair it with a some what cheap Tube amp, while you may lose some "air" or some of the defination...
I swear one of these days I'll be attending a meet :[    I keep missing them, and they keep getting cooler and cooler!
Meh, either way two productions units guyz, each tuned totally different. Time to find the happy meduim 
Simplest solution, is to switch to the FooBar Music player and use the EQ in it, it's got single DB intervals. Keep your Sound Card at neutral also the DT 990 will sound rather poor, with poorly recorded music of overly compressed files. Make sure your collection is at least MP3 V0 quality, VBR is fine as well. To figure out what size your music is, you can view the properties in windows. If your not really technical, a simple solution is to aim for MP3 320 CBR, or...
R.i.p Indeed G3, sadly it's still selling at like $120, for which I think the Schiit Vali is a much better buy at that price   still though, always nice to see what I used to listen to xD
Man sony's been playing with 60-70mm drivers for a while now. The XB 1000. The MA 900 and others I'm sure it's time for them to up their game! 
Yikes! I'm locked out my Locked Mail box, xD    how ever the pads are safe. Tommorow [most likely wednsday] I'll be giving the new Focus pads a listen, I found my Stock Velours, so I'll do a Hifiman Pad SHOWDOWN   I still vastly prefer my Beyer pads though to every :x, I swapped em out for the Focus pads to hear them again, and for gamine they where fine, as soon as I played music, YIKES I noticed the extra mids and slight lack of "exciessive" air    Still in the...
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII U, $23 buck on eBay, heck I had 2 copies, Shoulda a listed it here on Head Fi q.q Thick are you on Capcom Unity, if so look for me. I'm under the same user name there, and I use my name in Game as well, we need to hook up :3 I cant b the only game playing mh3u on a crazy audio system, speaking of which I recently started playing with out the BGM, and OMG there is SO MUCH detail in the monster attacks, just little breather nosies, little steps that...
pfff HE 4 +ESabre Audio GD= Audio Bliss imo but yea the HE 4 is a super DT 880, and I LOVE my dt 880, so much so I use the same pads on my HE 4, to get some of that annoying beyer peakiness back [HE 4 is ofc MUCH smoother on it's extention both ways]