Posts by Mshenay

My honest, and absouletly HONEST recommendation is get a hadphone from the Head Fi For Sale Boards, you will automatically get a Discount, since NO ONE CAN SELL FOR PROFIT. In addition we here at head fi take good care of our gear so you can buy without much worry.  As for your Phone, some phones sound good some don't though in my 100% honest opinion, if you have a $500 budget don't limit your self to Best Buy, if you buy here on Head Fi you can get your seller to use USPS...
If UI is important to you, then I would get the DX 50 if you enjoy it more, and give it time for the USD Dac support to be released. You could also try some of the Custom UIs for the X3 as well, but have a DAP that can also act as a PC Dac is a really cool option! My old hm801 did that and it was well COOL! 
I'll start by saying that running with any headphone has a chance to break a cable. From $100 cable to 10,    I would just make sure you have a foot of "loose" cable with the iGrado, and position it like at your arm or something. or maybne right at your waste and have the cable run straight up your shirt   I think that style of headphone is best for running, and if your running any cable is at risk of brekage. I mean I'm $175 lbs if I trip on my cable, thats a lot of...
Honestly I think the Grado SR 60e would be a good start! It's like $80 and you can take the rest of the money from the purchase and get your self a Fiio E07k   The Fiio E07k is a PC Dac/Amp so you can feed it analog from your cell phone, and then hook it up USB to your pc and get a better sound   Either way, that would bring you under $200, though Grado Comfort is... interesting. I don't mind, some though do   If the Grado isn't comfortable to you, you could also try...
Fun fact, the fellows Joe and 7Keys did a Wood Cup test with a vairety of woods, they found Cherry to be the least transparent and some what... meh where as they Found Walnut to sound a bit better I've got the Cherry Senn Grado, sadly I took a cat nap and missed the USPS today, but I'll be shipping the out tommorow. When I get my Walnut Senn Grado I'll let you guys know what I think of it ofc,  But I've listened to it, and found it toneally to be on the money. 
Like wise, and even if the Guys n Gal at Moon Audio Bail we the Amabassadors can have our own little hang out lol I'll mention this to all of you guys, I'll be making an official phone call to Moon Audio tommorow, but I live about 160 miles from their store, and I'm in the market for an hm901 [which they have] So what I thinking about doing, is driving up there in a week or so and making the purchase in person. But also if the guys n Gals at Moon Audio have the time, maybe...
Huh, that's a shame they sent it to you damaged, I would 100% make a total schiit storm to Fed Ex, Pics and everything an try to get as much back as you can. As that's unaccaptable    Anyways, I'm sad to hear it's not better than the DX1000 but at the same time I'm glad to hear it's the same. I've always wanted to hear/own a DX1000 and now I can... get the DX 2000 xD
    WOOT 21 here q.q I'm so young, but My LA D5k Should be with me by November lol, it's actually been a year since I got my D2k [ironic huh] 
  Oh gawd I might be joining you guys xD Anyways here's a interesting question, I emailed one member about it. But is any one that's local willing to open up their home for us visitors? I'm wanting to attend this meet but I'm kinda having a hard time a hotel that will fit into my budget! I can say I'm a cullinary student so if your nice enough to let me crash I can return the favor with some amazing eats ;3 But at the moment I'm looking to bring my portable rig, which now...
Happy to hear it man :D