Posts by Mshenay

emphasis on the Vocals, I HATE growling, of MANY kinds. I LOVE CLEAN vocals xD so that's my issue, the really HEAVY metal bands tend to growl  So going back to what I think is good Metal, ...And Justice For All is imo a great metal album! I REALLY like Track 8 To Live is to Die, sounds very prog to my ears! 
  Fun Fact the Pro 900 used to be like $300 ish dollars, this was back when a NEW xb 700 was $80 and the XB 1000 was like $200, the fact that the Pro 900 sells for like $500 ish... is horrific, you don't even see these mentioned any more lol, there are MUCH better cans for a LOT less. Nice of Ultrasone to kill it's own legened lawl 
meh Tesserac T wasn't heavy enough like Nevermore, or pretty enough like porhapned land for me I like REALLY heavy metal, and I find Orphaned land get's heave enough in between it's "prettier" parts that I can really dig  Like early Nevermore is ok imo, I like a lot of their latter stuff, though I guess I really enjoy Prog Metal with Clean Vocals, 
  it's a shame that they have not at least annouced the winner yet, If it's not a member here at least tell us teh contest is over 
I have heard many other tube amps in the price range, such as the Indeed G3, the Bravo V2 an custom built Millet Hybrid Tube as well, of the 4 Hybrid Tube amps I've tried, in addition to the many other solid state amps within that price range that Ive tried, such as the Matrix M Stage, the JDS Labs C5 the Fiio E11, I found the Vali to be the best sounding of them I won't deny that there are other higher priced options out there, and OP did not specify a price range. Which...
Fair enough, Though I'm using a HD 600 [not the 650] and I find the sound to be just fine. Compared to the SE Out of my NFB10ES2, I prefer the extra warmth of the Vali with my HD 600  and I'd like to think my NFB10ES2 is a step above the O2 [which it is]  But again I'm only using the HD 600 [not the 650] I'd hope that the two are simmilar but I could be very wrong 
I still feel the HD 600/650 and DT 880/990 boil down to preferance, if you like brighter cans, the Beyers r the way to go, if you like Darker cans, the Sennheisers are the way to go   one set is not better than the other, They are different 
Wow, so no you only demo'd the Vali see whats nice about teh Vali is it scales with dacs, so if your feeding it garbage it sounds bad [very bad] feed it something cleaner and it sounds good. VERY good, and for $130 I've yet to find any thing that sounds as good as it does! I sound better to my ears than my old Matrix M Stage SOLID state, granted it rings but it's not an ugly noise  So I appreciate your input, but "I demo'd it once" is not owning it. I've owned it twice now...
I don't have teh Balanced Amp Card, though I feel my iBasso PB2 is very simmilar and on par with the Balanced out of my NFB10ES2, the only differance I can hear in the two is in the bass. With the NFb10ES2 being a touch tighter, though with my HE 4 it could be the Extra Head Rooma nd power that gives the Headphone a Tighter Bass out of the NFB10ES2 though for balanced amps go, my iBasso PB2 with LME 49990 OP amps is end game for me! The battery life is great, the sound is...
Yea do not double amp headphones :/ run the Vali from the RCA Out on your Sound card as you want a clean line out to the amp. And I think the HD 600 really benifits from a nice Tube Amp, the HD 650 is darker than the 600 so it may sound perfectly fine without the extra body n warmth of a Tube, but heck if your going to own a HD 6XX series headphone, go 100% all in and get that sound as thick, lush and warm as you can, while keeping some nice air and detail! I think the HD...