Posts by Mshenay

So OP, having tried the Sound Magic HP 100 [a Shiny Silver Ball verision of the 150]  I'm with him. It's a great sounding headphone and I eagerly recommend it over amything else in the Closed Back Range, I tried the AKG K550 and the fit around my ears ruined the sound, the K545 seems to have the same issue, the Audio Technica 40mm W series isn't very impressive imo and while I think the Mad Dogs are really very good headphones, they do perform best with an amp. Meaning you...
I'm with SoundBlast I've got an hm801 that I love, and I'm hoping it doesn't die on my any time soon q.q, mines already like 5 years old and has no USB support. But I like the hifiman Approach, it sounds good... and that's about all it does. There is very little to go wrong [outside mechnical failure] as far as the UI goes, it only has one real function. And that's all that it needs. WIth an adroid player you have a number of things that can go wrong, thusly affecting the...
another option to go with is something like the Sound Magic HP 200, or the Beyer DT 990 Pro. The DT 990 sounds nice on the Darker Fiio Amps, I loved my 990 Pro 250 with the E11 
I'm with you there, for the Money the XB700 was a steal, their new cans I wasn't impressed with omg pickled Mango sounds yummy!  Bwah, yea man that's a good point. I totally didn't even think about that, my issue though would be having to get a DAP that's going to work with the PHA-3's Dac inputs, might have to do some reaserach into that. But I might even be able to use the Digital out of a Fiio X5, as I liked the UI on it enough. That would be a simple enough solution...
WHY has this thread died! CMON GUYS it's  time for a REBIRTH!!!    also @Meduseld I would prefer teh w1000x for music over the 770 or the MMX 300, how ever the Beyers are going to be a touch better for gaming    also just got a lovely cable built for my w1000x!    Check it out! I'll have pics of the headphone soon    Kudos to cCasper for the nice build on this bad boi  
I have face book explicitly for this kinda of stuff :3, no twitter yet. Guess I should put that together some time to day too :/ 
I mean Sony's launching there new TOTL, Hifiman just released yet another High End Can, and the Alpha Dogs been out for some time now too, that and Even Seenhesier has rumors floating around   any on heard anything positive from Audio Technica about a new TOTL   yea there's the what W3000 ANV, but It seems to "colored" to compete with the new breed of transparent cans   Still any one hear any rumors lately? 
pfff, I'm doubtful as to wheather the PHA-3 is gonna top the hm801 line out into my iBasso PB2 with it's glorious LME 49990 and dummy buffers [actually it might, the poor hm801 is ready to die any day now
Exactly rule one of Head Fi, if you have not heard it, don't go posting a review of making comparisons The little differances are what make the biggest impact, and measurements are not a substitute for your ears moving on CABLE LENGTH IS 3M YEA, let's hope some brave soul out there is willing to rewire that 8 Wire Cable, that's so assine of them to not include a freaking balanced cable, CMON GUYS a 4pin XLR is standard on so many TOTL amps, so stupid when sony makes a TOTL...
So what gear did you listen to it with :/  looking at whats on your page under sources and amps I don't see much really revelaing amps or dacs, more importantly the differeance between a $200 and a thousand one is in the feeling, literally. And having a proper Dac an Amp will hinder or further the tactility of a headphone, cheaper cans aren't tactile where as the nice ones are, never forget music is not only heard but felt, the physical tactility of music is what makes a...