or Connect

Posts by Mshenay

I've never listened to the X2 so I can't comment on it's sound first hand. People generally like them though I think they are Open Back Headphones, meaning others around you will be able to hear what your listening to 
honestly, my favorite under $100 was the Koss Porta Pro, though it's comfort was... lacking lol
honestly, I'd go with the Beyer DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm. I enjoyed it over the DT 880 for classical. As far as amps go, you can get a Berinhger UAC 202 [$30 dac sounds, listening to it now actually an really it's a steal] a a Schiit Vali Amp [tube sounds nice with the Beyer Open Backs] That imo would be about the best way to go, an all three would be under $400 total 
Honestly, if your looking to spend around 1000 on a portable rig  There's a couple way you can go, You can sink a lot of money into your portable player, something like the Hifiman HM 802 [$699] an then spend the last $250 on a set of headphones or vice versa  Knowing what I know now, if I was in your shoes I'd go with the HM 802 an a pair of Sound Magic HP 150 headphones. I had the Previous Model [sounded the same looked different,] An I enjoyed the HP 150, it's...
if no one else is going to post, I will! Great opportunity guys thank you got offering us this chance! 
oh gawd, not sure if I needed to see that... now I'm wishing I did that with the Pair I had built <.< Gorgeous idea an great execution, cCasper does good work, he Cabled my Senn Grado actually, we didn't go with the Custom Connector Right in the wood though, went with the Pig Tail Method, either way that's Gorgeous... ugh I'm starting a nice new job soon an I might have to get you guys to build me a pair too >.> Love the Beyer Pads [use em on my HE 4 actually] 
Yea it's an issue with the amp. About every 6 month's I remove my Op Amps [Lme 49990 an Dummys] from the sockets check for any debris or dust an reset everything. The only issue I still have is I get a slight hiss on the right side when I change the volume. I've not re seated my Lme 49990 from the Riser they sit in [DIP 8] so that might be an issue there, Though I'm reluctant to do that without a set of proper tools atm so I'm dealing with the hiss when I change volume...
Yea that sounds about right, it's not audiofoolerly, it's circuit design.No circuit is perfect, thus each will have... a negative effect on the sound. Some of these effects are by design like the "color" that a tube adds, or the "color" that a cable adds. Other flaws how ever, create either noise or the dampen the music. Which usually leads to a negative experince audio wise. Now amps... amplify the sound generated by a dac, which includes any colour or defects recived...
Honestly, when I had the HD 600 I paired it with the Vali even, and I enjoyed the tone very much! I've got a video review of it some where on my page if ur curiousBut I've not heard the 598 or 650 to compare, how ever I'll say that the 600 out of a tube even was an enjoyable listen!I also tried it out of my NFB10ES2 solid state, an it wasn't bad either. Though personally considering the HD 600 highlight is mid range, I felt the Vali was a better match, it added to the HD...
So it's a $40K System... hmm yea kinda think we'd better wait