Posts by Mshenay

yup
I'd go for the K550, I found it to be... very balanced. Good bass, nice sense of warmth in the mids [not to much] and good sound stage and I believe there is a attachable mic that sells for around $20 on the interwebs, maybe less 
agree'd and if your really concerned about the quality, get your self a $100 Furman Power Conditioner, it cleaned up my Dacs sound, but more importantly if you live in an area with a lot of Brown outs or power spikes, or a crappy house with much the same, the conditioner should help extend the life of your gear. Power Spikes aren't good for anything :/, but the conidition is really more of a safety device for me [crappy old house wiring] it just happen to clean up the...
 yea feed back might be handy, I'm liking it, I preferd it over the HE 400 I had, but I prefer the HE 4 over both,  ofc though it looks gorgeous! Well I've modded My D2k, and less bass would be an improvement imo,
  I had the Shure 840 with stock pads, I didn't find it un comfortable :/ how ever the UE 6000 does NOT need an amp, as it has one inside of it, where as the HP100 or Shure 840 or ATH M50X might benifit from an amp, if you get something like the Fiio E6 [it was the first amp I had and I enjoyed it] get the Fiio LOD cable for your iPod as well 
ooh that looks handy 
  Well what I found was teh Vali sounded substantially better than many of the "warm" solid states I've tried, I compared the Vali to my NFB10ES2 and it wasn't as much of a slaughter as I thought it would b, the Vali should nice dynamics, moderate tube sound [just enough imo] and for me it was well worth the money I spent. For the 250 Ohm DT 990 you won't hear the hiss, not sure  about the HE 400, it might not be sensitive enough to pick up on it, but it might still though...
There should be a way to increase the volume again, your other option is to get a small amp like the Fiio E6 {$20} run out your mobo's headphone out into the amp then use the amp to get some extra volume but keep fiddleing with the Audio Essitnals, there's most likely a setting it has that's making everything quiet 
... yea, what I might recommend to you is DSP software, I used to use the SRS Audio Sandbox, and it was glorious! And it... was a DSP utility so it did... process EVERYTHING, from Games to Music, since it was it's own application, try to find it and see if u can't get it working, it has plenty options to play around with to improve the sound of ur cans, it even has functionality for giving a headphone a "wider" sound stage  how ever the SandBox only works with Vista and...
Hmmmmmmmm... I'm not sure the O2 and the DT 990 or HE 400 will, oh wait nvm yea do get the O2 :3 how ever, the Schiit Vali and DT 990 sound heavenly, for the HE 400 I'd imagine the sound would be eqaully as OMG awesome... but the O2 does move around ur home... still .... I'd go for the Vali, Imo the Val for $120 sounded better than JDS Labs C5 [MUCH better imo] the same goes for the Matrix M Stage [LME 49990 OP amps as well in that] and like everything I owned beofore my...