Posts by Mshenay

I mis read ya, thought u were talkin bout getting a Sound Card for Spdif out, but u was talkin bout gettin a sound card for DSP which needs spdif out
You know since you've got it apart you should start tinkering, and build your self a nice new upgraded Cable :3 some one will buy it then xD 
Nope you can use your NFB15 USB out or Spdif out from your MoBo 
xD u got the TH 900 so there's that I in stead went with a LA D5kfor like $450 [already balanced that most likely sound almost as good [if not as good] as your TH 900 ;3  but  yea upgrading to balanced gear is expensive, you either have to like wait to find a headphone that's already balanced [took me a while like for evers]or recable everything you own, which ran me like $100 a headphone 
"thinner" and "brighter" in referances to the rest of the W series you say... dang it... I like thin n Bright <.<  well in that case I have no idea what to tell you, heck I used to use my W1000X with my HM 801... then one day I felt like the HM801 made my W1000X [which was modded a little dynamat to make it even thinner] and it just felt... boomy and... syrupy with the HM 801 :O So, I have no idea what you will think of it. Word is the New W1000z is more balanced than the...
Oh well then :3 In that case.... uhh well portable or At home? if at home try one of the ... nvm Hmm I don't know  Most of what I've got are balanced Dacs, amps ect... I don't know much else outside balanced gear q.q 
You could also go with an iBasso DB2 for a portable Balanced Dac it's like $300 ish   Are you going portable or at home 
What? well yea if you don't get a seal on the W1000X you get that sound How ever the W1000x has Forward Mids [VERY forward and full bodied mids] though it's still bright but yea the Pads on the W1000Z should prevent a thin sound as a result of "bad fitting ePads" 
How did I miss this thread?      I really enjoy the sound of my Allessandro MS1i-Walnut with the Classic Card, an I really enjoy the combo! It's a very simple set up so that's great for when I'm walking around on Campus or even  trying to get some work done on my Laptop    Now I also have my iBasso PB2 [LME 49990 opAmps Dummy Buffers] that I use with all of my balanced headphones.   I use my balanced cans when I'm away from home but not "on the go" such as if I...
If your using MP3s then I'd get your self a Audio GD NFB15 and call it a day, it's an accepted fact that your Red Book, or lossless standards offer a better sound over mp3s How ever as you improve the quality of your Dac your get a better sound out of Lossless, and a degredation in the quality of your Mp3s which imo lack a natural amount of decay in the Treble or the upper end of your hearing  SO, If you want to stick with mp3 then stick with your HD 600, grab an Audio GD...