Posts by Mshenay

There kinda is, the schiity Hifiman HE 560 has a Veeneer Finish, which means it's some kinda of Non wood, with a thin layer of wood atop it. I say schiity cuz... It WAS FULL WOOD cups, but then they switch to the veeneer. Which is a smart move, cept now I have to hunt for a Pre Production full wood back model :[ 
I pulled them out of the Box, and they were in that condition :/  They sat in the USPS mail room for like a week, there was an issue with the delivery. When I got them they were in that condition.  Thujones Focus A Pads have a simmilarly weak looking "glued" seam on them as well, so it's not that we the users were rough, but that hifiman gimped on the quality. My old Velours have a nice thick Plastic Lip that sits over the Ring, these new ones are glued... I get that ur...
True, but wood does act as a natural dampener, and it looks good ofc I was being a little silly :3, pushing the Doctrine of the WoodBack Mission forward!  
Got this amp in a trade recently, I enjoyed giving it a listen today! But have chosen to sell it here on head fi as all of my headphones are balanced and run out of my NFB10ES2 . It's a nice little amp, nice sense of warmth and good details.    I'm also including a set of MonoPrice RCA's as well [un opened] that way you've got a set of cable to use with your new amp!    Price Includes Shipping as well within the US 48
Ok guyz it's PAD TIME TO start with I want to say shame on Hifiman, their new pads look like schiit, and I'm talking purely in build quality. I've got both sets of the new pads and there's some serious sign of wear on SoundsGoodToMe's Focus Pads, not his fault ofc, but I suspect an issue with the build of the pad it self   [[SPOILER]]    The second Picture is classic Velours, they look nice, feel good in the hand and are well attached to the black ring On the Focus Pads...
Some truth has been thrown down.  My biggest question though was I don't remember what Amp and Dac ron12's been using? 
As a wood fetish I agree with you, adding wood back to any driver imbunes it with a the most magical earthy tone!  but no in all seriousness, wood has different resonnate properties than plastic, metal or any of the like. The classical example of why wood fetishist are what we are, would be guitars, violins or any of the "wood" winds or any of those very old classical instruments heck take a Gretch guitar, I'm talkin a classic 1960 Country Gentleman, if you've ever heard...
Yea, it all comes down to personal Taste. I prefer very bright, and some what dry sounding headphones my self. I never had any issues with the DT 990 EVER. If you how ever like a dark sound that's ok to! IF you can't sell your headphones though, do try a tube. A REALLY really cheap tube amp will REALLY warm the dt 990 up, and the DT 990 is technically pretty solid, so if you pair it with a some what cheap Tube amp, while you may lose some "air" or some of the defination...
I swear one of these days I'll be attending a meet :[    I keep missing them, and they keep getting cooler and cooler!
Meh, either way two productions units guyz, each tuned totally different. Time to find the happy meduim