or Connect

Posts by Mshenay

Sooo... yea there's been some activity I'm not really a fan of in both the Impression thread's ran by Hifiman on their sponsor board in addition to the main one, so let's give this another shot   I'm still waiting for my demo unit to be shipped back, after Hifiman "didn't find anything defective" with the first one, at least they've been kind of enough to cover the shipping at least from me to them and them to me.    Oh and here are some...
  well "bass Lean" can be taken as it's lean in the sense that it lacks fat, which is doesn't There's still a good bit of decay in the bass even with Alpha pads and if you want the tiny hairs on your ears to Vibrate the TH X00 will do that for you xD, trust me man the Alpha Pads cut down on the mid bass a little and tame some of that decay, giving you a more even sub bass, an it CRANKS, nicely!  Either way the TH X00 is a BASS heavy headphone, it's still very balanced...
I still use EAC my self honestly, rip to flac with logs ect... but I use dBpower for my transcodes,  still though I don't recommend buying software to rip, I've used FooBar for transcodes as well and it works too :3 EAC an FooBar are enough imo, they take a little extra work but I think given the "free" price tag, it's not an issue 
OP we need PICS PICS!!! lol 
bass lean, slap on some Alpha Pads an crank the Volume, and the TH X00 still kicks a LOT of bass imo, while still maintaining nice mids and upper extension 
yea my issue is the my stainless steel, we had a good Ceramic but I lost it in my move  also did I ever post this pic? 
well enjoying music and helping others do so ;3 is the name of the game right
hahaha good news for you is my TH X00 is recabled and balanced now so you can REALLY hear it in all it's glory!  Truth be told, LA D5k is a more refined TH X00 imo, bit more energy in the highs, tighter bass and more even tone in general how ever it's expensive :/ an hard to find, where as the TH X00 has much friendly, Top end not as bitey, mids are just a touch forward and the bass is pretty kickin, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about them too!...
   Yeap I have, he had mine for like maybe 2 weeks? And more news on the comparison of the TH X00 and the LA D5k, the Alpha Padded TH X00 does a damn good job again'st the LA D5k, I like the touch of forwardness in the mids, but it's pretty clean through and through, sound stage is just a smidge wider with metal than the LA D5k is due to the color in the mids, both running balanced out of my NFB10ES2 :D  Still with Classical the LA D5k does a little bit better, since it...
haha I'll have it in the mail for you Thursday man! On it's way home I've enjoyed it an I'll be doing a write up here in the next two days [before I ship it out]