Posts by Mshenay

ooh good idea, I liked the AD 900x, it was a cross between a DT 880 and DT 990 without the need for an amp! Though it has a VERY VERY dry Bass, nice extension but it's pretty mechnical in the bass compared to the beyers, but the AD 900x Makes up for that in the mids, though it won't play nice with tubes like the DT 990 will still a good recommendation, you might be able to then get away with a slighty cheaper Amp/Dac combo! like a Fiio E17, use the bass boost to give the...
Good point man!  I'm a little envious, as an Itilian American, I got tired of the food in my culture real quick q.q, I blame my sea food allergy for that, but the crazy range of flavors in Asian food is pretty stellar. Chances are you've eaten better than I have thus far in your life   [[SPOILER]] Gawd yes to all of that, my w1000x is the reason I got into the whole wood thing! My D2k was the next reason, those cocobolo cups ugh they were a step above the Plastics that are...
well implimentation on the PHA 3 might be miles over what I have, but I have more than one set of cans in my inventory, I hate when a company makes a GREAT product used exclusively with one headphone :/, at least with Oppo their amp has a Standard Out put, the PHA -3 has that strange dual 3.5mm out, that's not very common. I mean for a $1000 amp dac. why cripple it's sales by not including a more standard balanced out, why make your TOTL headphone the same way, BEST sony...
Like wise, I've got thousand dollars of gear hooked up with Mono Price cables, they last like forever! I had one I ran over like 7 times, left in the rain three times, and dried twice... it lasted 2 years, the only issue with it was the 3.5mm jack would drop left some times... after 2 years of abuse! I've had cables die on my after like getting stepped on once!!! but if your PC Gaming I'd go with the Optical, as you may wind up with that Mix Amp Dac thingy, or some kind of...
Ya know the HeadRoom Little with More I got powered the HE 4 rather nicely, it was a warm sound signiture. Granted the highs where a touch off for me, but mine's un modded.  check out my add, I'd be willing to chop down the price if it's to help get an HE 4 in your hands! 
I agree, I love the wing system, I guess I can kinda see the appeal of the colored, but I'd really love to hear an L3000, I think that's still their end game TOTL 
Take 4 Indeeds and form them into some kinda of crazy Balanced amp maybe lol 
PRICE don't get the 600 ohm DT 990 it's like TWICE the price of the Pro Model and imo, for $320 ish dollars you can get better headphones than the DT 990, I'm not farmilliar with the Senn HD 598, but sonically it should be warm compared to the Colder Beyer, I ofc like Cold Headphones so... I'd go beyer if if IF your ok with spending like $300+ ish dollars, the Hifiman HE 400i might be a good option, if u can find a used one BUT the 600 ohm Preium DT 990 is imo not worth...
at $1000 bucks for the PHA-3 I think I'll just grab a HM901 q.q solve two problems at once, ya know as I might want a PHA 3 if I didn't have a Desktop rig and wanted to be like UBER UBER UBER, portable with my rig. Able to set up from a PC or anything with digital USB/Optical out or a music Player 
IF your willing to spend $1000 or so get your self some Custom Iems, they are molded to your ear Canal which might help with the Wax Build up maybe... more importantly though a custom IEM will have some top notch sound and un matched isolation since it's molded to your ears!  If isoloation is super important, I think a custom In Ear Monitor would be your best bet, and with $1000 you can get some nice ones made, I think Ciems start around like $500 or so dollars and you'd...