Posts by Mshenay

Good point, and yea Synthectic leather getts horrid smelling, my XB 700 smelled TERRIBLE [though I used to work out in it]  Partially why I like natural leather ear Pads or velours at this point, at what $299 you'd think SennHeaiser would be using real leather, Mr Speakers has Natural Leather on his Mad Dogs, cmon Sennhesier get with the program xD 
... alot. I think I'm nearing like $5000 in 2 years not including music downloads    just Dropped 2 this week, on an hm901 and 3 headphones 
Yea, that sounds a little sketchy, I've got Leather pads on my W1000X that have no odor at all, and the pads on my D2k never had any odor either, now Synthetic leather good lord that stuff get's FUNKY Take off the pads an drop em into baking soda, baking soda will naturally draw out the funky odors from the leather. It's a chemical reaction of some sort but it should work, and should not harm the pads. My understanding is the Bake Soda draws the "odor" compounds away from...
 I agree, the Mad Dog with Alpha Pads may be a winner for you,  additionally you can find the Denon AHD D2000 for around $300 used here on head fi, there's really quiete a plethera of them for saleI think so, granted a Desktop Dac will more than likely have a touch more clarity but it will also require that you source all of your music from your computer, if your computer is older it may be  problematic with the Dac, though when I say older I'm talking 10+ years or so 
Honestly, look into the Logitech UE 6000, it has two modes a passive mode and "active mode" the active mode activates the UE 6000 built in amp and gives you a very fun V shaped sound, the passive mode is more balanced when I had it, I like passive mode for jazz, classical and the like and I liked ACtive mode for Hip Hop, Techno and Dub Step 
Though I think the amps aren't going to "tame" the sub bass and give you more treble. IEMS are very easy to drive, so it is in no way shape or form a power issue. It could simple be that the DX50 is simply not a good match for the SD3, again iems do not need amps, as they are very very easy to drive. The iBasso PB2 isn't really suited for iems either. The C5 Might but I think what you may need is a IEM or Headphone that's more to your liking
  Yea me too, though [and this info was give to my buyer] my hm 801 had no more USB support... it just died one day... and since then I've worried about what I'll do when it dies... that constant stress kinda sucks tbh, that said though the day I wasn't thrilled with my hm801, I slapped my PB2 up to the NFB10ES2 Line out and wow it sounded really good... the amp compliments the W1000x really well.  There fore after spending some time with my W1000x via the pb2 and NFB10ES2...
There is really no feed back on these, I see that the guys at JDS labs are selling them. I've shot them a PM hoping to get a Demo.    Here's to hoping they get back to me, as to wood yea it is reflective, and it very much colored, though each wood is a touch different some have better aucoustice properties than others, though  I own uhh all wood back headphones, though they all sound freaking glorious! My W1000X is still one of my favorite Closed Backs, an my mango...
Chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga chuga   yea I can here it coming, can you? Still exciting news...  
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW that celluar depth has got to be un stable xD [maybe not its 2014 already] but yea I'll stick with my plethora of Class 4 32gb Cards, it's how I switch up my Genres xD ehm that said, I'll let you know how the HM901 sounds to my ears when I get it Monday, the last few days I spent with my hm801 I felt it sounded a smidge to bloated and slow with my W1000X