Posts by galacticsoap

Alas, with 3 kids under 5, including a 4 month old and an incredibly demanding job flying to Japan or the States isn't an option...   Am I reading this right, the general sentiment is that an LCD-X + Studio Six rig would only be fractionally/marginally better than a 5 year old Woo Audio WA2 + LCD2 rig?   I've got to say I'm quite surprised by that concept...
 Hi Mate - Thanks for taking the time to reply. I definately don't have money to burn and the thought of dropping close to $10K (including shipping + cables/interconnect etc) and NOT getting a step change in overall SQ sends a cold shiver down my spine i.e. I'd rather can this whole shebang and not go down that road if that's the outcome. Would a Studio Six + LCD-X really only be a minute improvement in SQ compared to my current WA2 + LCD-2 rig? Thanks for the tip on the...
Hey Guys,   Interested in anyone selling an ALO Audio Studio Six with Upgraded Teflon Caps that'll function at 220/240 volts.   Not too fussed on color, but would prefer black.   Shipping to Sydney paid for by me.   Thanks
 Mate - You're a legend, thank you! :) Unfortunately I'm based in Sydney, and it's SO frustrating knowing what you want, but not being able to validate it by auditioning. Thank you for the kind invitation to listen to your rig. Armin! I love(ed) the man - I've been in the EDM game since the late nineties, in fact my first gig was Ferry Corsten & Anthony Pappa at Crush in 1999, then I heard the set to end them all. Armin Van Buuren - Live @ Sublime, Home Nightclub 2004....
Hi Everyone,   I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing the Studio Six. Unfortunately, I'll be doing so without having had a the chance to listen to the amp as I pursue what I hope to be somewhat of an end game rig, and upgrade from my current Woo Audio WA2 + LCD2 combo. The link below details my thinking on how I've landed on the studio six, effectively beating out Cavali's Liquid Gold & a Stax 009 + BHSE in the decision making...
 Thanks Ali - I keep on hearing conflicting things about the ETA/Turn around times of the BHSE. I was advised that if I committed to purchase one soon I'd make the next manufacturing batch which would see me get the unit in 6 months, which while being relatively long is something I'd consider holding out for given it's THE standard in Headfi.  Thanks ZP - While I'm not really set on Audeze, I do love their house sound, or perhaps I've gotten used to it with my time with...
Thanks for the suggestion David. While that price isn't that much different to the Studio Six, and a brief look into the amp points to a quality product. I was keen on hearing out of the combinations listed in the title of this thread what if any would be a good partnership given my taste in music. Perhaps I could phrase it like this.  Considering the nature of Electronic Music, and my bias towards a slightly warm, sound that allows for some euphonic coloration what is the...
Hi Everyone,   I’m thinking of treating myself and upgrading my headphone rig, and based on everything I've read the ALO Audio Studio Six + LCD X combo sounds like it ticks all the boxes.   This rig will replace my current components which are an original pair of LCD 2's (i.e. not rev 2) + Woo Audio WA2 (Stock Tubes – I know!). 90% of the headphone listening I do involves electronic music (Progressive House, Tech House, Minimal Tech etc). I do enjoy some speed in...
Hi Everyone,   Interested in purchasing an RWAK120 or RWAK120-S at a suitable price based on condition and proof of purchase.   I'm based in Sydney, Australia and will cover the cost of postage and insurance.   Please PM me details, or reply to this thread.   Thanks Soapy
@ Zeruel - their pre-amp looks amazing, and certainly looks to have some great reviews!   The bloke's popping the WA2 into the mail Thursday in the US and sending it to me via express air freight so it should get here some time next week. Can't wait.   Head-fi upgrade itis is a scary thing!