or Connect

Posts by galacticsoap

I know this is the Abyss thread - but I've got to say the more I keep hearing about the Dave the harder it is to ignore. I must try and see if I can source one for a home audition in Sydney. 
@draytonklammer - Mate I'll just echo everyone else's thoughts re: the Abyss vs HEK. I too owned both. I bought the HEK within weeks of purchasing the Abyss but tellingly despite being quickly won over by the HEK's musicality when I first heard them, upon getting home they were never really the first headphones I reached for. It was always the Abyss: as such I recently sold the HEK. To my mind the Abyss outperforms the HEK when it comes to pure dynamics: high frequency...
 Hi Mate - RE: the DHC, I'd happily pay in full so long as I had the ability to return the cable if it wasn't to my tastes.  Not surprised re: Audeze cables not being interchangeable with Abyss, I would have thought if that was the case there would be a few user experiences floating around the net. Even more surprising then that Nordost list both cans as being compatible with that iteration of Hemidall. 
 Thank you mate - that's brilliant I'd like to think my system is fairly neutral and transparent as such what I'm hearing at the moment is a function of the stock cable and the headphones. As mentioned I'm after a bit more weight, nuance, and timbre through the mid-range, while still retaining the agility of the Abyss' top-end and tautness and control when it comes to sub-bass. Your description of the DHC cable is compelling. I might reach out to the team at DHC and see...
 Brilliant, that's good to know, and couldn't agree more re: your point re: how big a job the mods on this forum have on their hands.  I'd appreciate if those with any other cables could take the time to post your thoughts re: their various sonic traits. I've searched the thread and aside from a few posts highlighting that they were intending on purchasing the cable, or that they had since secured them there is little in the way of actual feedback re: what each cable did...
@potkettleblack - Thanks for the heads up re: the L700. I'm at a stage now where I'm looking to consolidate some of my excesses from last year i.e. last year saw me dive head first into two very different, but two highly enjoyable systems (2 channel & nearfield/headfi). As part of that process I ended up with the HE1K & Abyss. In hindsight I should have just stuck with the Abyss as really, my listening preferences aren't nuanced enough to prefer one headphone's tonality to...
Hi Everyone - I've had my Abyss' for about 6 months now and was recently in a position where had to make a decision between the Abyss and the HE1K which I also owned at the time. I was convinced that I'd be happy with either headphone. I also assumed that given I was asking $1K more for the Abyss on the second hand market that the HE1K would be an easier sell. Two curious and surprising things took place upon listing both headphones for sale: I was almost immediately...
 Yes I do, although it also contains a transaction for a Metrum Pavane DAC which I bought at the same time. As such, I'd like to hang on to the original. I can certainly provide the purchaser with a copy. Lastly, A2A have the details of the purchase under my name in their system.  All of the above coupled with the fact that this is Australian stock make any warranty concerns a non-issue. 
 Hi Mate - I'm trying to be somewhat pragmatic, in that I already own the Abyss AB1266 and it just so happens that based on my genre of choice (deep, nuanced, atmospheric electronica) the AB1266's are the headphones I listen to the most. Truth be told I think the HE1K are the more competent headphone's top to bottom, however when it comes to electronica the slightly more forward presentation of the AB1266's work better. It's for this reason that they have only about 2...
Greetings all - please excuse some shameless cross promotion on my part, i've listed my HE1K for sale in the classifieds. About 2 hours use, and priced at $US2,200 or $AU3K.   Cheers, GS