Posts by Tangster

Nop. Clue, I'm Asian.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661573/london-head-fi-meet-april-2013 There's an event video up.
It was great seeing everyone there and getting to listen on stuff I can't currently afford as well as stuff I've been very curious about. The event have both saved me money badly spent and yet increased the likelihood of me splashing out later on in the year. I'd be quite pleased with another meet this year, but please, larger sandwiches!   Big thanks to Sennheiser and GSARider!
More people can afford $200 headphones with a $100 amp than $10,000 speakers and $1000 of room damping, thus head-fi has the largest market of all audio website for FiiO purposes.
  [[SPOILER]]   [[SPOILER]]
A few of us and Jude had a good chuckle at /r/audiophile and /r/headphones expense during the meet(mostly how the only headphones that get recommended are the M50 and the HE400). I find it quite difficult to take redditors seriously.
@Bowei, just saw the /r/audiophile post on project H, clearly redditors can't be arsed to read posts...
I think the Denons just got rough handling as they were passed from rig to rig(ie, normal handling for most headphones).   Jude knows of all the threads. He was talking about how some threads have become part of the character of head-fi now and specifically mentioned Muppetface's Diary Thread and it's off-topic meandering, so it's safe to assume he knows about the AAMML thread, in any case, he recognised my Head-Fi username.   The people were great, very friendly, fun to...
Reminds me that there was a DX1000 at the meet, but I didn't listen to it, although I'm in contact with the owner(we had bubble tea and burgers after the meet) so I might try and wing a listen. He's got a K1000(in need of recabling) as well, so That could be interesting.   There was a talk from Axel Grell about the design process of the IE800 and he did rather skip the bass thing, saying the bump in subbass was to accommodate for portable use and thus interference from...
Yeah, I guess either the D5000 took some punishment from the less than gentle taxi rides or people were just not being as gentle as I normally am. Either way, I'm going to contact MCA about a repair and a set of either Macadamia nut, Mun Ebony or Cocobolo wood cups while they're there. I absolutely loved the HE60 and they repaired the HEV90 specially for the meet.   As Bowei said, the 350 are sharper on the treble, I didn't find it a problem, but my favorite Heir IEMs are...