or Connect

Posts by Tangster

I don't have a desk big enough for 3 identical displays, let alone 3 with a set of monitors.  EDIT:My screen takes up 70cm of space horizontally, and the two speakers either side take up around 35cm each when toed in.
Gotta have space for speakers.
Depends on your motherboard generation as well. Waaaaay more options on a LGA2011 X99 (was confusing when I went to setup a friends PC) compared to my old LGA1155 P67. But then, I think 1155 was right when motherboard manufacturers were making the switch from old style BIOS to UEFI on mainstream boards.
That was worded poorly. I meant that newer bios revisions have the POST ordered in a more efficient manner than the originals. 
There's more stuff to check in an X99 platform, mostly the DRAM check. You can probably shave 4-6 seconds off buy disabling or reordering the POST sequence of various controllers in the BIOS. I don't think it's worth the effort though to be honest.
Back when you'd go get lunch and the thread was 5 pages further on when you got back.
Yeah, you should be able to disable POST in most modern UEFI BIOSes, just find the "fast/quick boot" option if there is one.
My laptop doesn't restart unless it's installing updates. Sleep mode whoo. That said, that's a pretty slow post time, seems sketchy.
Clearly velcro.
Dayum. Also someone needs to have a price mistake on a Koss 950 or a Beyer T1.