Posts by Tangster

Future proof until 4k star citizen.XD
980 is pretty nice, the improved power consumption and thermals yet still being a tad ahead of the 780ti. Quite jelly. I'll hold out for the titan refresh or the 980ti though, my setup still works fine and star citizen isn't coming out this year so I'm not to worried about any games needing extra power at 1600p. Power consumption isn't am issue either, since my rent includes electricity.
My 580 fractured at the thread between the section and the barrel. It was a pai in the ass to replace. Never buying a TWSBI again. Will probably sell it and replace with a Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator or a Pelican M400 when budget allows.
    Significant in terms of monetary value? Not really.   Significant in terms of finally getting a decent new Elite game? Wooop Yeah!
Number of windows 8 gestures I use on my desktop. None. I have a touchpad built into my wacom.
For a touchscreen, I think 4.3" to 5" is ideal, because that's the max size I can cover at least 80-90% of the screen with just my thumb and it fits comfortably in my plam(as opposed to a phablet, where I would be grasping one edge or precariously balancing it).   As for a tablet, I have a Nexus 7, which is currently relegated to a glorified e-reader. When I upgrade tablet(in the next few months I expect, the Nexus 7 is getting old) I expect to be looking very strongly...
I'm fully integrated into the windows workflow and playflow. I couldn't move to linux for most of my stuff if I wanted to. Linux as a media PC or general home browser/occasional work PC works fine, but not when your workplace is heavily invested in programs that don't have a linux port.
^ This.I just keep phones until it's not capable of doing what I want to use it for. I don't game on my phone, or edit photos or whatever. Basically web browse, skype and call people with the occasional utility app. 
Your photoshop and system colour profiles don't match and lots of schiit has it's own built in profile these days, which certain stuff may or may not ignore/apply. Your browser is probably using internet standard sRGB. (Though firefox does allow to you use any icc profile in it's config settings).Windows is probably using whatever icc profile your monitor came with or the system default sRGB IEC61966 2.1Photoshop is probably using something different too.The picture might...
  Picked up one of these because I often find myself needing a ballpoint.