or Connect

Posts by Dutchi MerenGue

the bass isnt really strong at all, most people place them on their desk because it just isnt powerful enough to feel when placed on the floor. as far as sound goes it really does help fill out the bottom registers, they're probably going to put out more bass than the micca bookshelfs you're looking at.  i had the swans for about 2 years, the bass was satisfying but i wouldnt plan on throwing any parties with them anytime soon, i actually ended up blowing out the sub on...
4 out of 5! got the last one wrong. maybe i just dont like the dixie chicks or was in rush? lol ironically that was the only one i was almost positive i had right     my setup was grant fidelity tubedac 11 with the tube buffer stage output going into a pair of yamaha ys5 studio monitors, line out going to polk psw 505 subwoofer
i recently had to move my setup around and right now i have my subwoofer (polk psw 505) hooked up directly to the line out so that i can route my pc audio as well as my home theatre audio throught the tubedac 11     is this safe? my fear is that the output on the tubedac 11 could somehow blow out the inputs on the sub, not sure what the max wattage on the sub is but hearing reassurance from some of you would go a long way to assuage my fears
just came in to say, if your volume pot ever gets crackly, before you go out to buy a can of deoxit or something similar, try turning your pot all the way left to right, back and forth about 20 to 30 times to clear out any dust etc.     that crackling was driving me crazy, i thought it was my tubes going bad or something wrong with my yamaha hs5's (god forbid) but doing this set everything back to basically the first day i bought this      tubedac 11 is still a value...
yeah that actually sounds alot like what might be wrong with this. i might try to look into getting it fixed if the price isnt too high but in either case im most likely going to sell it. i originally bought it to power some passive speakers i no longer have and also for the awesome headphone out i used on my lcd-2's before i sold them. i have no real use for them anymore, better they go to a new home where it will be. it probably is a capacitor that went bad as i made...
was torn on posting in here or starting a new thread alltogether but i have a problem with my pioneer sa 9500    i recently moved and before the move it was working perfectly. i didnt even box this unit up i carried it by hand and had it sitting next to me in the car to ensure it wouldnt get damaged.     now when i plug it in it will light up but i wont be able to turn it off. it also occasionally makes clicking noises like its trying to engage the speakers or...
ive had to swan m10's for about 3 years now and loved them for the first year and a half until i guess something blew out inside of the subwoofer, i guess maybe i pushed them too hard. they rattle on most frequencies where bass registers. so basically they're useless     ive upgraded to yamaha hs5 studio monitors and am looking for a sub to pair with them and am leaning toward the subs that came with the swans m10 due to being able to place them on my desk and me really...
Ahhh, thanks to the both of you, I was afraid I would have to spend the same or more I did on the speakers just to get the, to interface with my gear, thanks for the quick response from you 2
I just bought some yamaha hs5 studio monitors and I need a way for them to interface with my grant fidelity tubedac 11 (dac/amp combo) which only have rca outs. They offer line level out, solid state and tube outs all via RCA but my speakers can on,y take xlr or trs What's the best way for me to hook this up without introducing noise or audible hum etc? I've looked at some line level shifters but not sure of any reputable brands or if that's all I'll need, help is...
I'm late I know but tilting them is exactly what I would have suggested lolAs far as everything else, my ears are wierd, i use the smallest hook on my right ear and tilt the earphones back while twisting the clasp I guess inwardly, on the other ear i use the medium hook, still tilt them back but I don't quite close the clasp reallySound wise its nirvana, I can't imagine a better sounding iem unless we're talking some $900 custom job, glad you liked them, more ppl should...