Posts by Dutchi MerenGue

I'm late I know but tilting them is exactly what I would have suggested lolAs far as everything else, my ears are wierd, i use the smallest hook on my right ear and tilt the earphones back while twisting the clasp I guess inwardly, on the other ear i use the medium hook, still tilt them back but I don't quite close the clasp reallySound wise its nirvana, I can't imagine a better sounding iem unless we're talking some $900 custom job, glad you liked them, more ppl should...
4 years late but maybe this will help someone down the road. There's a Chinese made headphone remote control that plugs into the pspgo dock for audio, I haven't tested it out yet to see if it truly bypasses the amp to give you line out but i hint it does. I plan on hooking it up my digizoid and iem's Search ebay for the connector under "pspgo remote control"
m50's will probably last you longer in the end. i've had 3 pairs of xb500's and always end up blowing a driver on them
Sold!
Bump with updated pics Sorry about quality of pics, bad lighting plus ipad camera = not so great pics As you can see from the pictures, the leather pad on the right side driver has a minor scuff mark on the back, the lighting makes to look much worse than it is, it really isn't that noticeable but in the interest of openness i thought it worth mentioning. The left cup has a small crack along the bamboo where the headband connects, I believe audeze can repair this if...
money is getting tight, really really dont want to let go of these but i got no choice, my loss your gain  included in the sale are a pair of cablepro euphoria   pm me if you have any questions, i'll upload pictures in a few hours when i get home, 
With eq settings biased towards bass frequencies and amped to good volume, these will obliterate you on the right song. Stock out of the box with no eq theyre nothing. Completely unimpressive. But after some burn in and the above mentioned steps you should be more than happy. Comfort on stock pads is another issue however....
I've blown out the drivers on 3 separate pairs of xb500's while amping themWord of caution my friend.
I actually never heard the xb700's, i had the 500's and skipped right over to the 1000's700's didnt seem like they appealed to me, didnt have tthe powerful punch of midbass of the 500's or go as low as the 1000's in sub bass, a happy middle ground i suppose, but i like extremes in all things lol
No offense but the last thing in the world you would want to recommend a basshead is a pair of grado anythingsGrado's are known the world over for their treble, the highs (often strident highs depending on who's telling the story) bass is not exactly a priority with grados especially in the sub $100 range, it may have good enough bass for rock and metal, but the bass someone is looking for in those genres is several orders of magnitude below what someone who listens to rap...