Posts by Alberto01

Hola Mr. Monte:   This is my take on this.  Instead of getting several pairs of $100+ IEMs through several purchases over 2-3 years, just get one pair of $250-300 IEMs.  I am going to do that.  I want a lot of high quality bass that doesn't muddy up the mids, with high quality treble at the same time.  Aiming at that, my next purchase will be the JVC HA-FX850 or equivalent if a better model comes out on the market before I make my purchase.   Know the sound profile...
  Quote:   Ask in the Discovery Thread.
 The most effective way to do this is to use the R-50 as your only pair of IEMs for long periods.  That means many days at a time.  Our brains adapt to the amount of bass you usually hear.  The R-50 sound thin when I alternate them continually with bass heavier IEMs.  They are no good whatsoever when used that way. But, when I use the R-50 only, the bass is very good and the mids are full and not thing sounding at all.  To that, you can add an equalizer to raise the bass...
 What kind of sound signature are your ears asking for?
Isolation on both sides of the hearing plane is good and about average for the ATH-CKS77.  The cable had a lot of microphonics which did not affect me because I wasn't in motion when using them.  You can find more information on the subject or any other ATH-CKS77 subject in this thread we are in.  Search for the words "isolation" and then "microphonics" on the search function in this page and you will find all the posts that include those words. Have you asked for...
Ask in the Discovery thread. Guys like Dsnuts, ericp10, mochill, mikaveli06 and others, are always buying IEMs. They would know.
No. There is a good amount of treble on the ATH-CKS77.
Dsnuts has posted in another thread that there are now better options than the ATH-CKS77 at this price range.  I had my pair of these and the lows were great with very good deep and mid (punchy) bass, the mids were bassy to the point that they were muddy.  But, they were smooth and clear enough for them to be enjoyable.  The soundstage was very good.  The highs had a peak at the 3-5 kHz range that made them sound sharp/piercing and cheap.  In the end, the ATH-CKS77 were...
 That is a possibility.  Therefore, besides or before contacting eBay, you should contact YAMAHA, the manufacturer.  You should tell them that the EPH-100 that you got are either fakes or a lousy product that should have never left the factory and ask them to take a stand on the matter.  Someone, has to take responsibility for the sub par quality product that you got.
 Contact eBay.  If you got a fake pair of EPH-100, it is not only your right, but also your duty to do what you can do to clean eBay of fake stuff.  eBay is big against having counterfeit items sold through their website.  eBay will instruct you not to return the item and your payment will be fully refunded.  Anybody who reads this that has gotten a fake item through eBay, should proceed as I just described, within 45 days from the purchase date.  If sellers would just...