or Connect

Posts by Alberto01

That is what I thought.  I am a civilized extreme basshead.  That means I want a lot of bass (I add bass and treble with an equalizer to all of my headphones), but I highly resent its interference with the quality of the mids and highs.  Taming down the bass with mods, improves the sound of the mids and highs, but will end up giving me less than the desired amount of bass impact.  Also, bass does tighten up and becomes less intrusive with 500+ working hours. Do the FX1100...
I will also be on the lookout, thinking about getting the FX1100. cuiter23, did you find that the FX1100 "sound absolutely fantastic" modded or in stock condition?
"Don't worry guys I'm still burning them in haha! I'm going to keep music playing on them for 3 days straight and then come back to them. I have other IEM's in rotation while the 1100 is getting it's massage :)"   My experience with bass abundant headphones is that the bass keeps tightening up and reducing its interference with the other frequencies, even after 500+ working hours.  Also, both headphones and cables take that long for 3-5kHz peaks (hot, shouty,...
Hola Mr. Monte:   This is my take on this.  Instead of getting several pairs of $100+ IEMs through several purchases over 2-3 years, just get one pair of $250-300 IEMs.  I am going to do that.  I want a lot of high quality bass that doesn't muddy up the mids, with high quality treble at the same time.  Aiming at that, my next purchase will be the JVC HA-FX850 or equivalent if a better model comes out on the market before I make my purchase.   Know the sound profile...
  Quote:   Ask in the Discovery Thread.
 The most effective way to do this is to use the R-50 as your only pair of IEMs for long periods.  That means many days at a time.  Our brains adapt to the amount of bass you usually hear.  The R-50 sound thin when I alternate them continually with bass heavier IEMs.  They are no good whatsoever when used that way. But, when I use the R-50 only, the bass is very good and the mids are full and not thing sounding at all.  To that, you can add an equalizer to raise the bass...
 What kind of sound signature are your ears asking for?
Isolation on both sides of the hearing plane is good and about average for the ATH-CKS77.  The cable had a lot of microphonics which did not affect me because I wasn't in motion when using them.  You can find more information on the subject or any other ATH-CKS77 subject in this thread we are in.  Search for the words "isolation" and then "microphonics" on the search function in this page and you will find all the posts that include those words. Have you asked for...
Ask in the Discovery thread. Guys like Dsnuts, ericp10, mochill, mikaveli06 and others, are always buying IEMs. They would know.
No. There is a good amount of treble on the ATH-CKS77.