Posts by Alberto01

That is a possibility.  Therefore, besides or before contacting eBay, you should contact YAMAHA, the manufacturer.  You should tell them that the EPH-100 that you got are either fakes or a lousy product that should have never left the factory and ask them to take a stand on the matter.  Someone, has to take responsibility for the sub par quality product that you got.
 Contact eBay.  If you got a fake pair of EPH-100, it is not only your right, but also your duty to do what you can do to clean eBay of fake stuff.  eBay is big against having counterfeit items sold through their website.  eBay will instruct you not to return the item and your payment will be fully refunded.  Anybody who reads this that has gotten a fake item through eBay, should proceed as I just described, within 45 days from the purchase date.  If sellers would just...
 "I would absolutely agree with you that i'm a basshead! I went to a DJ Tiesto live show a few years back and he played the track Chase & Status - Flashing Lights (Feat. Sub Focus & Takura). At 3:00 when that nasty filthy beat drops in my ribs were shaking and I loved that I could feel the music as much as hear it."  ...."I just wish I had a thick enough wallet to try them all! =)" With a thick enough wallet you can get the best, the very good, good, the bad and the ugly. ...
 If these are sold on AliExpress at those prices, that is a proof that there are EPH-100 fakes on the market.  Who did you buy yours from and what was the price?
 Here is the thread for those Sony's: http://www.head-fi.org/t/680119/sony-xba-h1-and-xba-h3-hybrid-dynamic-and-ba-iem Right now the JVC HA-FX850 are hot among those that I referred to as "consultants" in the Discovery thread.  Please, read that post again.  We had discussed the subject previously in the Discovery thread seeing that they would not stop buying IEMs and headphones, spending a lot of money trying to get a lot of enjoyment from + or - $100 earphones. ...
I have read some good comments of those S4 compared to other IEMs.  Also, I have read that the EPH-100 don't have enough bass for those who like a lot of bass, just like many of the bassheads.  Could it be possible that the S4 just have more bass quantity than the EPH-100 by design?
 Burn in tightens up the bass frequencies making the mids and highs less bassy and therefore more clear or clearer.  Burn in WILL NOT make the bass reach levels where it wasn't on first listen.  Deep and mid bass hits will be heard/felt better and nicer to your ears because of the bass tightening up.  But, they will not get bigger.  In financial terms, gross bass turns into net/refined bass with burn in.  But, it will not turn into a net bass that is larger than the gross...
What happened?  Why did you delete your post's message?
 OK.  Not everybody has gotten a good fit with the EPH-100.  Also, if you know that no matter how they settle on you, you may remain doubtful about them being genuine, the most peaceful solution would be to return them.  The seller should cover the costs of returning them.  Having the YAMAHA logo improperly printed/carved on one of the earphones, is something that he should have warned you about before selling it.  That makes them defective, even if they are genuine.  And...
Your aim should be at least to get good quality and enough quantity of bass for your ears, that does not muddy up the middle and high range frequencies.