Posts by zardak

The answer to all this previous posted gibberish (from guys who clearly have too much time on their hands), is that a headphone amp makes more than a minuscule difference. Quite simple really.   ummm, next you'll be pointing-out that the phrase "two much time on your hands" is a play on words, and that there is actually no time on hands because it is on our wrist ROFL...
holy cow batman, ummm, i mean gelocks, i will have to question your hearing buddy boy, and why? Because i can hear A HUGE FU_KING DIFFERENCE between amped and unamped with the 440. Clearly you're not gonna be a mixing or mastering engineer at a local million dollar music studio any time soon.
Geeez man, obviously i have to be a rhodes scholar to do a review around here, then have it checked by the National Publishing Association for any minuscule inconsistencies before release LOL... ohhh man, you guys are funny. Anyway, Dynamic or Planar, i don't really give a frogs ass what the Abyss headphone is, clearly you don't have an XBOX 360, cause you're resorting to pathetic irrelevant tactics just to give yourself a deluded sense of grandeur.   Nice tunnel digging...
I can easily agree with gelocks about the Shure 440's, they are the bomb.   The 440's are by far a better headphone than the M-50's by a country mile. They also sound easily superior to the Pro 700 MK II's, and they definitely sound better than Shure's own 840's (i was A/B/ing between them for one hour with all kinds of different music, price was not the issue for me). Will be doing a review on the 440's in the next few hours. Anyone care to tell me where i can get...
Well, Argyris, i'm definitely harmless, because i believe in live and let live. BUT, i also believe in 'absolute' freedom of speech.    Anyway, i saw this on a review for that Pioneer killer you lot are so horny about...The Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones sound amazing and in some cases seem to bring an entirely new physical dimension to audio.   So now i gotta say, if these pioneer SE-A1000 headphones bring an entirely new physical dimension to the sound, then they...
Right you are!
Wouldn't do that if i was you. The 840's are only good within their own family camp, and yet which is better between the 840 and 440 is purely down to opinion, those graphs don't really demonstrate squat. I deem the 440's better than the 840's. There are many headphones of any brand that are cheaper priced in the range but sound better than their more expensive siblings, that is a proven fact, so you might want to think again before taking the advice of this 'one'...
I have all three and the 439 is the better sounding of the three; it is more balanced overall and puts out a reasonably good sound compared to other headphones but as a recommendation the Shure 240 sounds even better than the 439 and it is cheaper.
The Shure 840 is far better than the M-50. That's a true statement, assuming it's amped of course.
The FiiO E12 does 'significantly' increase the sound performance of headphones; i simply can't listen to any headphone without an amp now, it's just not worth it, it's like going from a car to a motor-bike, the comfort and luxury is simply not as good.    Without an amp there is no power and drive to the sound, it lacks lustre, and sounds totally dismal, but plug in the amp and BANG! wow we're talking. Not just volume, but every sonic aspect and performance of the...