Posts by Ari33

Do you have any old 12v laptop transformers lying around? They are generally much better quality lower ripple items than the cheap ebay item you linked. Alternatively buy a decent one from maplin and if it still causes similar issues, take it back and swap for another... and so on.. until you find one that works for you. They aren't the cheapest I know but they will take returns (avoids postage fees) which will work out cheaper in the long run.
You could try the Tacima mains conditioner but there are no guarantees it will 100% be able to filter out your leds switching psu in the dimmer. Also.. finding a mains conditioner that allows full amperage to power hungry amps do cost a lot more money. Id be more inclined to try and replace the led psu  (transformer) for another low ripple (less noisy) item before going down the filter route.
 How much of a difference is all relative, a lot depends on the whole chain and the weakest link in it.... what soundcard or onboard sound you already have, how you listen, ie; headphones or speakers and what spec/quality they are inc any amp in the chain... before you'd even think about trying to hear the difference in SQ beween 320k and FLAC.I have half decent Imo headphones (Pioneer Sae1000), a very good souncard, average but perfectly fine amp & speakers. The Soundcard...
Reserved..
Here is my current build in progress,         Its a Raven 234 Acro quad that I will be fitting an FPV pod to for first person view (FPV) flying via a video transmitter, video receiver and Headplay HD goggles.   It will look like a more compact version of this without the mobius cam on top..             For an insight into its potential performance check out this vid, its pretty mad..             I'll be using these awesome video goggles, well,...
Flinx- I guess its mainly down to the largest two variables.. our own individual ears and our personal taste in sound signiture. We all have different sized and shaped ears and ear canals which to an extent will likely provide different results for different people... not to mention how a custom tip might change the sound sig of a given iem either towards or away from ones own sound sig preference.    I dont think others opinions would offer much help. I think its...
 I cant say I've ever experienced burn-in in any gear Ive ever bought. I have an old very well used pair of Sony nc-020 that came with my X-series and about a year ago I bought an unused pair as a back up... I thought it would be interesting to compare the sound back to back but they sound almost identical, in fact its the newer pair that actually sound a tiny amount tighter, with slightly less woolly bass.. maybe its the wool packing in the chamber that has worn in... but...
Ok, someone more knowledgable will likely be along shortly but I'll give a brief answer to the best of my knowledge.   In short I cant find any info on the headphone out section of the PS4 but these early incarnations of the Realtek codecs in your laptop and PC are not really worth comparing audio quality against, on the other hand the more recent ALC1150 is a lot better when well implimented and with a decent amp section for the headphone out and can be compared...
Well... all good so far. My budget Class 10 Qunox 32Gb SD card is a keeper! ;)   I could hear absolutely no discernable difference in SQ between both internal memory and SD card with my Experia T, even the silent mp3 track gave no hint of any increased electrical noise with the SD card.   I suppose I must try the comparison with my other devices on the off chance that its a device specific thing.
After reading a few posts on here fairly recently where some listeners are pretty sure that music on their devices onboard memory sounds better than from external memory (SD card etc)  Im wondering if there is something in it. Although unscientific and open to the power of suggestion, I thought it might be interesting to hear peoples opinions after comparing music quality from both memory sources on the devices they own.    With Sony releasing their Audiophile SD card...