Posts by Ari33

I cant speak for the other drivers but Im using the 1822 1.72 drivers with my ST which gives me a nice low DPC latency, great sound quality and no issues found as yet with Win7 64bit, Asus z77 v-pro, I5 2500k and 128GB SSD. Unrelated issue-A dodgy ASmedia USB3 driver initially give me big issues with DPC latency but once I rolled back that driver everything was perfect. I haven't had to uninstall them but if you have any problems uninstalling them use CCleaner or similar...
 No worries... thanks for the explanation. 
 You did say your cards HP out was seriously underpowered which to me suggests you most likely do need a HP amped card, no?  I recently bought a modded Xonar ST, its my first ever card with an amped HP out and it has totally transformed my HP listening experience, I hadn't realised I really needed more HP power until I got it,  It's also given me so many more possibilities with Headphone choice, I'll never buy another soundcard without one.
 Thanks, yeah, I tried my Galaxy at different volumes and settled on 90%... on the BH2, I have tried out all the different gain/sound settings no real change for the better... and I don't max out the BH2 on any of them My favoured iems are UE TF10's btw.. gonna dig out some different iems and full sized headphones.
When I bought this little amp and paired it with my Galaxy 4.2 player (Wolfson DAC and sounds great on its own) I was extremely dissapointed in the results, the resolution sounded like it had dropped through the floor despite using 320Kbps mp3's in the galaxy.  The BH2 made it sound like I was listening to a 80kbps mp3 file, the tone, clarity and musicality were also truely awful.   At first I thought I had a dodgy unit until I tried it with my Xonar ST's line out, with...
 Yep, using optical out obviously bypasses the ZX's DAC and keeps Virtual surround. I don't have a Schitt Stack to be able to say for sure if it would be better than an STX but yeah it should be up there or there abouts I'd think.
 Yes, I briefly owned the Z which was supposed to be an upgrade to my old Audigy 2ZS  (connected to a stereo amp using phonos) I was quite shocked to find that I much prefered the smoothness of the Audigy 2ZS to the harsh, grainy and very digital sounding Z and promptly sent the Z straight back. I now own the Xonar ST (PCI version of the STX) with an OPA627 opamp upgrade...  its certainly light years ahead of the Z for music and I rate it easily as my best value audio buy...
  Look up audio transport. A transport/source is any type of media player that has a digital output (Toslink, USB, Digi coaxial etc). This allows the digital data stream (be it mp3, wav, pcm, dsd etc) to be decoded by an external DAC... such as the PHA3. Some high end CD players do not house a DAC and are required to be connected to an external DAC while some will have a DAC but also be able bypass the internal DAC to stream the digital data to an external one, some DAP's...
      That onboard audio looks pretty good in spec to me so unless the listening experience doesn't match the specs I'd just use onboard. I would also advise only bothering with a high end soundcard (STX etc) if you have decent (mid range up) speakers/headphones that can fully 'auralise' it.   Frazeyboy covers it well in this post..   "That motherboard has a Realtek ALC1150 HD for the audio which seems to be a pretty good chipset. On paper it has a high SNR and...
Received my Pioneer Se-a2000's just yesterday. My first foray into open headphones and I certainly don't feel short changed. For $55 they really do punch far, far above their weight. Very comfortable and Imo they seem to have a slightly V shaped FR? which I am a fan of.   I wouldn't choose to use them with my portable devices as they do benefit massively and can easily handle much more power without any distortion and my TF10's are just much better suited for DAP use for...