Posts by Oracle

As far as these silent revisions go, I look at the different headband colors and how they go un-announced.  I understand this has nothing to do with the sound, but it is a design change that has gone un-announced. So to make a change to the sound at the same time doesn't surprise me, and having bought the RS1e at the beginning and returning it makes me interested and hopeful to try it again.
I'm one of those who purchased the RS1e when it first came out with the protruding drivers (my pictures are in there towards the beginning) and retuned it because of the sound and discomfort.  But now you have me interested in giving a later version of the RS1e a try.  I love  the look of that dark brown headband by the way.
Thanks for the info Kerouac, this is starting to sound like a much better (for my needs) and cheaper option than the PHA-3 route.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions, I'm considering the Pono as well with my Z5 and Z7.
This was exactly how I felt with mine when I first listened to them, and that hasn't changed at all after 20 hours.  Congrats on the RS2e.
Yeah I didn't order anything special, they seemed to be coming in tan/brown now for the RS, GS line but I just wanted to verify for my order.  Best of luck on the shipping, the waiting is the hardest part.
I had some e-mail exchanges with Rich while making my order for the RS2e; I just wanted to be sure I was going to be getting a version with the tan/brown leather headband that would further differentiate itself between my PS500 and these.   He opened a box to verify and then sent those to me.  I received mine within two days of the order even though it was for 7 day shipping.  Congrats and I look forward to reading about your impressions and comparisons to the PS500.
 It was a tuff call for me to between the PS500 and PS500e, it took me a few months with both of them to come to my conclusion. 
For me the PS500 is still my favorite Grado headphone and that's even after owning the PS500e for a few months trying to decide which one to keep.  The RS2e compliments the PS500 very well, as in they are not worlds apart in sound but there’s something about how the sound resonates through those mahogany cups that renders the music in a more natural way.  I also plan to use the RS2e for travel over the PS500 because it’s easier to drive and connect with mobile devices.
My RS2e thoughts (after 4 hours of head time and another 4 hours of burn in).   A little background before my thoughts on these, I started my Grado experience with the SR325is and loved them with classical and modern rock. A year later I bought the PS500 and was thrilled with its larger soundstage, added base and more relaxed sound signature that I could enjoy for longer listening sessions. So I decided to sell the SR325is thinking there was no need to own two Grado...