or Connect

Posts by catdog

I used to have a lot of issues with the wireless signal interruptions on RS-220 and fortunately managed to resolve them over the years. Initially it helped to replace the included rechargeable NiMH batteries with Sanyo Eneloops. I have no sound explanation why it improved the drop outs but it reduced them by about one half. The final solution was to replace the old WiFi access points (Asus, dd-WRT based) with Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless +. There are three around the...
I think I am a little bit closer to understanding these mysterious random drop-out issues. My RS-220 stopped having audio signal interruptions after the only ancient ASUS WL-500g WiFi Access point was replaced with a newer Devolo dLAN 200 AV Wireless N.   The improvement is quite remarkable and I can now listen to music around the house for the very first time without a glitch.   So the conclusion is that certain misbehaving wireless access points will...
      Indeed that should be the case but for some reason there was a marked improvement with Eneloop batteries. I have checked the included batteries on a computerized tester and their capacity is 870mAh, which is normal as they reach their full potential only after a number of discharge cycles. The only explanation I can think of is that the RS-220 headphone radio circuitry is unusually sensitive to low voltage. Eneloops have a different discharge curve, it is very flat...
My RS220 were dropping a lot but I found that replacing the included rechargeable batteries with Sanyo Eneloop remedied the situation. They still occasionally drop especially when I am far from the base or close to a WiFi source such as laptop or Squeezebox Controller but nothing heartbreaking.   It is a lovely piece of kit and a welcome addition to the Sennheiser family of headphones in my opinion.