Posts by catdog

I think I am a little bit closer to understanding these mysterious random drop-out issues. My RS-220 stopped having audio signal interruptions after the only ancient ASUS WL-500g WiFi Access point was replaced with a newer Devolo dLAN 200 AV Wireless N.   The improvement is quite remarkable and I can now listen to music around the house for the very first time without a glitch.   So the conclusion is that certain misbehaving wireless access points will...
      Indeed that should be the case but for some reason there was a marked improvement with Eneloop batteries. I have checked the included batteries on a computerized tester and their capacity is 870mAh, which is normal as they reach their full potential only after a number of discharge cycles. The only explanation I can think of is that the RS-220 headphone radio circuitry is unusually sensitive to low voltage. Eneloops have a different discharge curve, it is very flat...
My RS220 were dropping a lot but I found that replacing the included rechargeable batteries with Sanyo Eneloop remedied the situation. They still occasionally drop especially when I am far from the base or close to a WiFi source such as laptop or Squeezebox Controller but nothing heartbreaking.   It is a lovely piece of kit and a welcome addition to the Sennheiser family of headphones in my opinion.