Posts by PMAP

Hey guys, long time no see!   I've spent the last 7 hours experimenting and researching with no effect. I'm trying to hook up my new PS3 to my Creative X-Fi HD USB card via optical cable. Note the card is purely stereo only, no DD/DTS/5.1/whatever capabilities.   I set my PS3 to use optical out, with only 44.1 and 48 kHz stereo (it can also output 88.2/176.4 stereo, DD, DTS and AAC, all that is disabled). I get sound from the X-Fi only when browsing through PS3's menus...
  In fact there are 4 ways to put the earphones on the cable, since both earphones (sides) are technically identical but the logo goes always form left to right, so basically you can can switch the shells around (while the L/R sides remain correct on the cable) and have:   a) - logo facing forward - logo facing backward, upside down b) earphones switched around, L/R remains - logo facing backward - logo facing forward, upside down   So, when you're referring to logo...
I feel really stupid but I gotta ask. What's the right way to connect VC02 earphones to the cable? The connector is up/down symmetrical and I realized that when I turn the earphone(s) upside down, the sound changes - it seems the phase is reversed.   I like the sound when the VC02 sign faces backwards (when in my ears), or forwards when upside down.   If it's reversed (sign faces forwards, or backwards upside down), the sound is really really weird.   So is...
    Sorry for the confusion then. Didn't think the Hybrids are THAT narrow.
FYI the Sony earbuds won't fit the R50 if that's what you expected.
My new discovery - Anja Plaschg a.k.a. Soap&Skin:     Apparently she writes the music as well... Kinda-warning: crazy video and music.
For Nova owners who received the firmware update: If you're having problems running the HiSoundTool.exe (error on startup and then doesn't update), this is what worked for me:   1) open 汉声Nova-N1标准升级工具包 > 汉声NOVA升级工具 > 英文版 (the location of HiSoundTool.exe in English as indicated in the help file)   2) copy the contents into a different folder, name it e.g. fw_updater - any name without the Chinese characters in the path should work   3) run the software...
I wonder how exactly was the fw massaged besides adding the sound features and removing some useless stuff like image viewing.   Namely, I wish for this features/fixes:   1) the aforementioned cutting off the first second of each song 2) treating the memory card just like the internal memory, i.e. database indexing and access via the Music menu 3) 96k support 4) gapless support 5) when playing something from the file browser and going to the menus, add...
I like how this little grey box sounds. It's not as refined as iPod Video+FiiO E11 combination (via line-out) and somewhat more hissy, but it's really not far behind. Definitely better than vanilla iPod Video or Clip+. In everything.   However I'm not holding my breath for the firmware issues such as cutting off the first second of every song to be resolved. I'm afraid that's simply a 'feature' of this OEM firmware, just like being unable to use the microSD card in...
I'm gonna try that, just not with superglue but some self-hardening liquid plastic for seals. That should work better. I found superglue to be hard to work with for other stuff than sticking two things together.