Posts by SMOR3S

:3 ya.. I am not looking to drop $300-$400 on some KRK's or w/e for monitors.. + I like headphones a lot better for referencing, so I'll just stick with some cans..   I do prefer closed headphones, cause at times, there is... erm.. noise in my house... ^_-   I don't want headphones with extreme bass response, cause that would overpower the high and mid range level right?.. I want a nice balanced pair of monitoring headphones, good for referencing, and good for music...
Yeah, they don't look to bad.. I was recommended in the past, to getting the AD700s, but aren't those less bassy?
So I purchased a Scarlett 2i2 last week for my studio setup, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome.. The module has nice pre-amps, it works good with my dynamic mic, and the audio output is fantastic... But just one problem though... I still have crappy cans -_- ..   I saw biggbenn74, post a thread, here about the AKG Q701's. I have always been an AKG fan, but these bad boys might be out of my budget.. Amazon shows here:...
They are just normal stereo speakers that you would get with a stereo system...
Should I say F***k the speakers, and just use my SteelSeries headphones till I get paid next week? I like using cans vs. monitors, but idk if I should drop like $300 on some monitors..
Going to solder my speakers wires to some type of port so I can use them with my Scarlett 2i2, but I haven't been able to find a straight 1/4" solder adapter with leads... I did however find an 1/8", and if I soldered that to my wires, I could get an adapter that did 1/8" - 1/4"....   Would I lose sound quality doing this, or should I just use my SteelSeries headphones and use a 3.5mm - 1/4" adapter... I am trying to solder some Panasonic speakers to use as temp...
I went ahead and bought it... It should come Friday..
Got the cash for the "Focusrite Scarlett 2i2", any objections, or should I pick it up... I have a bad habit of convincing my self.... :3
I just ordered the Akai Pro MPK mini, 2x 1/4" jacks, and a new XLR to 1/4" cable.. I am going to solder the 1/4" jacks to my stereo speakers, so I can use them with some sort of audio interface, but I am still unsure what to get...   Should I get an audio interface like a 2i2, or should I get a new soundcard that has 1/4" jacks..
I am even unsure a bit, but I am positive 100% now that I am going to use my two speakers.. I am going to solder 1/4" jacks to the end of them, so this is where I need an audio interface for that...