Posts by m2man

I should have paid more attention. My 650's are loud at 9 o'clock. I'm sure the HE-6 was less than noon. I was sitting on the right side of the amp and would have noticed. It was certainly less than the Abyss which I paid attention too. Not important in any case. They both sounded great.
I heard the Abyss this weekend at the Seattle Head-Fi meet. They were just amazing on my EC 2A3x4. The bass was better than the LCD-3. The sound stage is crazy. Much better than the HD-800 IMHO. I was listening to a 20 year old EDM track, which is normally muddy and pretty boring truthfully. It was just awesome on the Abyss. The mids are just so clear is kind of triply. I didn't listen near long enough. The combo got lots of wow's and holy ****s....from long time...
At this weekend's Seattle meet I got to try some new / different headphones. It sounded great with all of them. No surprise there. I really liked the HE-6. It sounded great to me. The guy with the HE-6 and speaker amp liked it as well. It's only at 9-10 o'clock on the volume knob if memory serves. Plenty of headroom. The HE-560 sounded good as well. It didn't wow me or anything, but it's a nice headphone. Now the Abyss was just amazing. The sound stage is...
What did your LCD-3's sell for? I was going to try out the LCD-X myself. Thanks, Andrew
My Amperex are harsher. Weird.Anyone tried a 6c45pi?
S/N 4 for me. It seems to be taking its time breaking in. I'm on day six but it could still use a little help on transients. They were crazy at first. The Shuguan Nature Sound are pretty nice. Great extension but a little light on mid-bass. Great treble. I currently have a pair of dual mono plate's and a RCA clone both from Sylvania. Pretty nice. I want to try some Kron's once I recover from buying the amp. I can compare it to the Mk2 once it settles down.
+1
Send tech support a note. You need a different user to be created for the forums to be able to download. Even if you are logged on to the site...crazy.
I worked at Microsoft for a while. Every Phd candidate I interviewed with a great résumé couldn't code their way out of a wet paper bag. I knew before they got to my office. It was the same every time. HR was totally worthless with their screening. My wife (still at Microsoft) now goes with a totally non-msft interview. She's the hiring manager. She will hire someone with all non-hire recommendations from the previous interviews. She has a very happy efficient team....
What did you guys think of the Eddie Current 2a3 amp that they sent up for the meet? It's not mine you won't hurt my feelings. I know Gil wasn't a fan of my tubes (a little u-shaped). AC/DC wasn't working for him. Send some impressions. Everyone is too quiet. Throw them under the bus, I'm sure they'd want to know that as much as any positive feedback. I'd say to give Doc some love, but half the attendees had a Crack already :-). Who liked the mainline?